Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   Gas Prices (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/gas-prices-8655.html)

OdieTurbo 05-29-2008 04:53 AM

Gas Prices

Ack! Been a while since I've stopped by. I updated my gaslog and found my MPG down below Hypermiler status :( My "Service Engine Soon" light has been on for about 2 months now, I'm sure it's not helping.

Got to get me a ScanGauge ASAP!

Anways, thought I'd do a quick poll to see where gas prices are in the US.

Reply if you wish!

(PS - My prices right now are about $3.93)

Hateful 05-29-2008 05:17 AM

I selected below $4 because regular is or was at $3.899, but I use premium at $4.099 last fill up. ScanGauge is a wonderful thing to adjust driving habits with and reads engine codes too,but I've had no codes to read yet. I was ordering my SG within two weeks of going to the first hypermiling site. I felt a bit left out without one.

96hb 05-29-2008 06:16 AM

$3.77 in South Carolina

opelgt73 05-29-2008 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hateful (Post 102785)
I selected below $4 because regular is or was at $3.899, but I use premium at $4.099 last fill up. ScanGauge is a wonderful thing to adjust driving habits with and reads engine codes too,but I've had no codes to read yet. I was ordering my SG within two weeks of going to the first hypermiling site. I felt a bit left out without one.

You use premium in your caviler?.....?

GasSavers_BIBI 05-29-2008 07:21 AM

I voted for more then 4.50 but I'm in Canada, so sorry didn't read the post before votting.

Anyway here its 1.38 a liter, so 5.20$ a gallon.

JJJJJ I do love my VX and my new O2 sensor...

GasSavers_BEEF 05-29-2008 09:44 AM

WOW it's $5.20 in canada. I was up there last november. they were fussing about gas prices because they were told that the reason the prices were higher than the states was because of the strength of the US dollar. when I was there the exchange rate was about $1.06US to $1canadian.

they were wondering where that theory about the strength of the US dollar went. not sure how the US dollar stacks up to canadian money right now.

*edit* it was last october, my bad.

Hateful 05-29-2008 10:59 AM

yes; it's only 20 cent higher than regular so as a percentage it's lower than before. I think it keeps my motor cleaner and just feels like it's running better with premium. I understand that not everyone is lucky enough to drive a Cavalier and don't want to spend more to maintain these lesser cars.

96hb 05-29-2008 11:08 AM

LOL! Dude, your butt dyno is failing you, and all you are doing is wasting money by putting premium in. But more power to ya if you think you gotta have it.

opelgt73 05-29-2008 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 96hb (Post 102891)
LOL! Dude, your butt dyno is failing you, and all you are doing is wasting money by putting premium in. But more power to ya if you think you gotta have it.

Or more money to the oil companies and Saudis.

Seriously if your car doesn't require it, then you are just wasting your money. Just because it is called "premium" doesn't mean that it is better. It is designed to run on higher compression engines.

But do a test yourself. Run 5 tanks premium and 5 regular and see what your FE is.

Hateful 05-29-2008 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by opelgt73 (Post 102907)
Or more money to the oil companies and Saudis.

Seriously if your car doesn't require it, then you are just wasting your money. Just because it is called "premium" doesn't mean that it is better. It is designed to run on higher compression engines.

But do a test yourself. Run 5 tanks premium and 5 regular and see what your FE is.

I did try regular before I started hypermiling; I went from 27mpg to 23mpg on the tank and a noticeable power loss.