Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   My SGII has been ordered through cleanMPG.com! (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/my-sgii-has-been-ordered-through-cleanmpg-com-8665.html)

Project84 05-29-2008 11:09 AM

My SGII has been ordered through cleanMPG.com!

I finally just did it... what the hey!!

Been wanting to buy one ever since I found out their capabilities, so I'm on the group buy waiting list and at the rate they're going, I should have it within about 2 weeks!!

I'm very excited!

Now... feel free to post up which are the most important functions to view, and how to use the SGII to my advantage and attain the greatest improvements from it!!

Keep in mind my car is an automatic :(

GasSavers_BEEF 05-29-2008 12:08 PM

mine is set up for:

instantaneous MPG..........coolant temp
trip MPG........................Intake air temp

I set mine up like that because of my grill block and WAI to keep an eye on temps. not sure if they are the most important but that is what I am doing.

Hateful 05-29-2008 01:14 PM

I have mine on instantaneous mpg, mph, water and air temps. I like being able to compare MPG and MPH and a glance.

Project84 05-30-2008 04:22 AM

don't they also show percentage of throttle used? I think that would be my #1 view, with instant mpg, coolant temp, and air temp

fumesucker 05-30-2008 04:29 AM

I would go for instant mpg, trip mpg, open loop/closed loop and tps.

If your car has a standard oxygen sensor then my take on it is that as long as you are closed loop you should be close to stoich.

Theory would suggest that max throttle that will keep the loop closed should be most efficient.

bkrell 05-30-2008 05:51 PM

Lol, I couldn't wait for a group buy on mine. Heck, I even got mine with one day shipping. $170 after all that. Don't regret it one bit! I monitor: instant mpg, intake air temp, volts, and load. Volts is kinda unnecessary but I miss as I miss a full gauge layout, it just felt right.

Project84 05-30-2008 07:10 PM

The group buy filled in like 5 days! Guy over there said they'd submit the orders and hopefully ship them on Monday!!

Oh my goodness! I'm so excited! I feel like I'm waiting on a million dollar check to come in the mail or something!!

But then... after having a day to think about it. I'm weary of leaving it in my car, so, like my CD player, I may be removing it each time I park my car and taking it in the house w/ me, as I'd hate to have some criminal break in and steal it thinking it was an EMS or something silly like that. Already lost one cd player to my "arrogance" I guess, not making that mistake again.

billw_willy 05-31-2008 02:18 PM

I'm new here today and want to find a ScanGage at the best price. Where is a good source for them? I drive a '99 Mercury GM that gets 27 mpg average over 5000 mi at 55-65 highway and little miles in town.

Project84 06-01-2008 05:44 AM

head on over to cleanmpg.com and click the link on the left regarding the "Group Buy for ScanGauge II" there you'll find more links leading to scangauge's website and you can learn all about it there.