Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   Environmentally friendly gasoline companies (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/environmentally-friendly-gasoline-companies-8722.html)

atomicradish 06-01-2008 09:40 PM

Environmentally friendly gasoline companies

So far the only company I can find with a relatively clean environmental record is Sunoco. I know the basic idea is not to buy gas from ExxonMobil, which I try to do (unfortunately Exxon is the nearest station to me).

The problem is, I only know of one Sunoco station within 50 miles of my house. Every other company I have looked at (BP, Citgo, Exxon, Conoco, Chevron etc) have had a lot of major violations. Anyone else have advice as to where I should buy my gas at?

bowtieguy 06-02-2008 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atomicradish (Post 103397)
So far the only company I can find with a relatively clean environmental record is Sunoco. I know the basic idea is not to buy gas from ExxonMobil, which I try to do (unfortunately Exxon is the nearest station to me).

The problem is, I only know of one Sunoco station within 50 miles of my house. Every other company I have looked at (BP, Citgo, Exxon, Conoco, Chevron etc) have had a lot of major violations. Anyone else have advice as to where I should buy my gas at?

BEFORE ethonal(E10) made it to my area, Shell gave my car THE best FE. now, well i'm still testing...

with these prices and the wide spread violation histories, i wouldn't blame anyone for buying whatever top tier gas has the best price.

Ford Man 06-07-2008 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atomicradish (Post 103397)

I have good mileage and performance with both BP and Texaco. There is one advantage to BP if you get one of their credit cards you can get 10% rebate ($0.40 per gallon at $4.00 a gallon) on your gas for the first 30 or 60 days I have forgotten which and 5% ($0.20 per gallon at $4.00 a gallon) thereafter. As long as you pay it off at the end of each month when billed you don't have any finance charges or interest. One of the Discover cards also offers 5% rebate on the first $100. in gas or automotive charges per month and you can use it at any gas station, any brand. I think Shell has a simular card to that of BP also, I don't know exactly how theirs works as far as savings percentage or X amount per gallon.