Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   Pebbles/Veg Oil in your gas tank?? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/pebbles-veg-oil-in-your-gas-tank-8759.html)

LilGator 06-03-2008 10:09 AM

Pebbles/Veg Oil in your gas tank??

I work at store selling hardscape products and an older guy came in claiming our mexican beach pebbles (.5"-.75") coated in his special mixture (smelled/looked like a veggie oil or even olive oil) doubled his gas mileage from 17mpg to 35mpg in his truck (using 4 coated pebbles placed in his gas tank).

Eh?

VetteOwner 06-03-2008 10:22 AM

i think hes been havign too much fun with wacky tobacky...

what would the beans do? nothing. veggie oil? prolly nothing. and only 4 of em in 20+ gallons? nothing. claiming to get 18 mpre mpg with em? grade A baloney...

ask if hes put magnets on the fuel line :D

LilGator 06-03-2008 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VetteOwner (Post 103730)
i think hes been havign too much fun with wacky tobacky...

what would the beans do? nothing. veggie oil? prolly nothing. and only 4 of em in 20+ gallons? nothing. claiming to get 18 mpre mpg with em? grade A baloney...

ask if hes put magnets on the fuel line :D

LOL, it's just so absurd I don't even know what to think ... I don't see how that would get you 1% better mileage, much less the 100%+ he's claiming...

Ford Man 06-03-2008 02:20 PM

See if he will give you four of his miracle pebbles to go in your tank, then let us know. I tend to agree with VetteOwner. I think his weed is probably better than his pebbles.

VetteOwner 06-03-2008 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ford Man (Post 103775)
See if he will give you four of his miracle pebbles to go in your tank, then let us know. I tend to agree with VetteOwner. I think his weed is probably better than his pebbles.

haha

heres an idea too, after a while i mean wouldn't the gas tank fill up with pebbles?:D

AHHA thats his plan! replace some of the gas with pebbles!!! think about it< fill up 20 gallons put a buttload of rocks with the gas then when u fill up u fill up less:D

its so crazy it might work!!!:D :D :D :D

GasSavers_RoadWarrior 06-03-2008 03:01 PM

Hmmm on the "what if" front.... seems like various things that might be in pebbles can reform ethanol by desorption... things like silicates, calcium carbonate, aluminum and zinc oxides...

quadancer@bellsouth.net 06-03-2008 04:08 PM

Methinks there be rockes in ye head....

LilGator 06-04-2008 06:37 AM

We sell the pebbles here, and he gave us some of his "miracle liquid" he wants to sell us- but there's no way I'm tossing pebbles in my tank to prove his theory :rolleyes:

GasSavers_RoadWarrior 06-04-2008 07:28 AM

Think of the bumper sticker possibilities....

"Warning, my car has stones!"
"My mpg ROCKS!"
"Pebble users do it with an oil based lube"
"Danger fuelling rocks"
"go gravelled, guzzle gas gently"