Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   Have you noticed people are starting to follow you? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/have-you-noticed-people-are-starting-to-follow-you-8985.html)

Three6Eight 06-16-2008 12:24 PM

Have you noticed people are starting to follow you?

I use to be the ******* chugging along in the slow lane ( I dont know why I was an asshold because I was doing 55 on the slow lane but people still got pissed :rolleyes: )

Now I'm starting to notice I'm the guy that gets the ball rolling and instead of going around me people are starting to just follow me.

On my trip back from woodland hills to San Diego I did 55 the whole time and I noticed there was at least 8 cars behind me at all times :p

getnpsi 06-16-2008 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three6Eight (Post 106220)
I use to be the ******* chugging along in the slow lane ( I dont know why I was an asshold because I was doing 55 on the slow lane but people still got pissed :rolleyes: )

Now I'm starting to notice I'm the guy that gets the ball rolling and instead of going around me people are starting to just follow me.

On my trip back from woodland hills to San Diego I did 55 the whole time and I noticed there was at least 8 cars behind me at all times :p

I drive behind trucks the last few miles home to fontana once i get on the I-10 from the 15. That is where i notice the same thing. Lots of cars follow on level ground. I wonder if cops are having to cite people on one headlight and seatbelts, stuff usually ignored. At the same time I dont want to be the slowest out there on the road, as thats a red flag for potential drunk drivers. I have a clean record but dont wish to be scrutinized if i dont have to be.

Jay2TheRescue 06-16-2008 01:07 PM

I had a teal blue minivan follow me for about 10 miles last night. I was going 5 under the speed limit, and there was very little traffic on a 6 lane highway. They had pleanty of opportunity to pass if they so desired.

-Jay

R.I.D.E. 06-16-2008 01:14 PM

Around here the traffic volumes are up. Colonial Williamsburg, Bush Gardens, Virginia Beach, Yorktown Battlefield, beaches, museums, a battleship, more civil war battelfields than you can count, blah blah.

I have noticed a lot of people on my back roads now. Here you have the old US routes from before Interstates, and they run parallel to the Interstate. Many of the locals are just staying of I64 becasue most of the time the traffic is crawling.

I notice a lot of people going slower. It doesn't bother me if they follow me as long as they realize I am sometimes P&G ing, but it is very subtle. I think some of them realize I am driving for high mileage and just figure if they follow the lead they will do better themselves.

regards
gary

VetteOwner 06-16-2008 03:56 PM

yeda ive noticed this too, ill get a small chain of people behind me, usually the guys in the late 30's-older. the yuppies still whip Around you along with the soccer moms, but the guys in the older cars tend to just float along when im going 50 in a 55road...

1cheap1 06-16-2008 10:21 PM

Have not had anyone follow me yet. Although i have seen some caravans behind big trucks. When i travel its usually the 710, 405, 91, 5, 605, 10, 210, 55, 57, PCH, Yikes, 110, 60, 134, 2, 105, Help, and streets in between all the above.

LxMike 06-17-2008 01:47 AM

Yes i have noticed more cars following me when i'm coasting to a light. also have noticed that the ones that do pass me don't flyby.

101mpg 06-17-2008 04:52 AM

Just today I had yet ANOTHER stupid woman call the cops on me for "going too slow." Despite the fact that she was 4 feet off my bumper (a situation for which I ALWAYS slow down) and I was doing 25 in a 25 zone, she (and about a dozen behind her) were late for work. People regularly do 50 in that particular 25 zone downhill. I do the speed limit or a little below, as it's an upper, not a lower limit.

It may tick people off but I don't care. Going the appropriate speed in low-speed areas (it comes up on a school zone for instance) is a good thing. If they are late, they should have left earlier.

Plus it saves gas on higher speed roads when others are forced to stay behind you if you're doing the speed limit in the "fast" lane and the speed limit or below in the right lane.

ShadowWorks 06-17-2008 05:35 AM

I have started to drive at 56mph, it feels so strange to me but my FE loves it, nobody has followed my example yet.

SL8Brick 06-17-2008 05:50 AM

My maximum highway speed is 60mph...and, yes, I do have a lot of company in the right lane.