Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Contest!: Name that GS Garage entry (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/contest-name-that-gs-garage-entry-9156.html)

Lug_Nut 06-26-2008 04:55 AM

Contest!: Name that GS Garage entry <RE-OPENED!>

<edit> Second edition of "Name that GS Garage entry" is closed.
Scroll down to post 12 for the start of the thread on this (now closed) second contest<end edit>

Help!
I'm buying a new-to-me car and I haven't a clue of an appropriate name under which to add it to the GasSavers Garage. This isn't a "contest" per-se, but a request for suggestions and for stimulating the creative thought processes to derive a suitable moniker.
The car is a 2005 Passat TDI wagon, 'wheat beige' paint, dark grey 'anthracite' leather interior, 2.0 liter turbo direct injection diesel, 5 speed automatic.
My personal preference for a name would be something based on a pun or a play on words other slightly obscure reference that will require some intellectual thought to derive the relationship between the name and the vehicle.
Suggestions?

theholycow 06-26-2008 05:31 AM

With that TDI engine, VW interior, and wagon practicality...I'd call it "Winner". :)

Jay2TheRescue 06-26-2008 06:02 AM

How about Das Wagen? ( A pun on the 1981 movie Das Boat)

GasSavers_RoadWarrior 06-26-2008 07:24 AM

P=MW^2 >> Passat = my wagon squared..... it's a volkswagen wagon (Also looks kinda like the equation for angular momentum)

Sand Crab >> coz' it's beachin' and vaguely sand colored I presume.

Sand Snail >> snail for the turbo and for driving it easy, and sandy colored.

Ol Trinken >> like like "ole" or "old" Trinken but it's "oil drinking" in german.

MOToKoW >> Mein Ol Trinken Kommando Wagen. My oil drinking staff car.

SoySnorter >> if going the bio route.

ihatemybike 06-26-2008 07:31 AM

Wheat Wagon

GasSavers_RoadWarrior 06-26-2008 07:39 AM

Cap Cornholeo.... Captain corn oil and picking up the P-asshat reference :D

theholycow 06-26-2008 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoadWarrior (Post 108255)
MOToKoW >> Mein Ol Trinken Kommando Wagen. My oil drinking staff car.

Anything that sounds like "cow" gets my vote.

Signed,
theholycow

GasSavers_RoadWarrior 06-26-2008 07:56 AM

MOToKoW could also conceivably stand for, My OTher, other, Kyoto Wagon

Lug_Nut 06-27-2008 11:44 AM

Great suggestions! And a few that I think are lame, but I won't quash any possibilities. Who know what nugget lies just beyond a lump? Already I'm seeing other possibilities I hadn't considered.
Now that I have a monthly payment again, perhaps VW "Pass-the-hat" might work until the payment book ends, but then what?
Yes, biodiesel will be a large portion of its diet, but the name I might think is best does not have to take that into account.

Please, keep all your suggestions coming. I'll select something soon, like before my first fueling entry.

GasSavers_SD26 06-27-2008 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoadWarrior (Post 108260)
Cap Cornholeo.... Captain corn oil and picking up the P-asshat reference :D

Ok, I'm not voting, as this isn't a contest, but that's very intellectual. :D :D :D :thumbup:

So, my vote is for Cap Cornholeo...