Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   02 bung extender? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/02-bung-extender-9297.html)

collegekid01 07-07-2008 11:18 AM

02 bung extender?

Ok so first of all does anyone actually have one of these things? and secondly what the heck are they? If you've ever seen the ones on ebay or extremehho.com they seem to just be some small piece of hardware from home depot and they are selling them for like 12 dollars?! I was just hoping someone would recognize the part and tell me where to get one. ( I just feel like I could buy something like this at a hardware store for a couple bucks). This is sort of like the pcv catch cans that are made from air filters off of compressors. If you buy a "pcv enhancer" made from one of these you pay 60 bucks and if you just knew where to buy the actual air filter part from lowes you'd pay 20 bucks

mikehallbackhoe 07-07-2008 11:33 AM

it is a spark plug antifouler adapter, 18mm, can be purchased at any parts store. you need to drill the hole out so your o2 sensor will fit.

getnpsi 07-07-2008 02:47 PM

help section, i just trashed the packaging or i could tell you the part number.

collegekid01 07-07-2008 08:30 PM

yeah sorry I figured it out with a little button called search (oops) I had done it before but didn't read all the posts carefully. So I got the two pack at autozone today and will install it tomorrow. (just filled up the tank so it'll be a fairly good test) has anyone had luck with these parts, especially when combined with HHO? I'm a bit skeptical myself but hey for 3 bucks I'll try it!

severach 07-07-2008 09:50 PM

Google: spark plug anti fouler oxygen sensor

The web has you covered if you know where to look.

HHO King 07-20-2008 05:13 AM

O2 Extenders

Yeah, they're spark plug non foulers and you can buy them at any parts store for about $5.00. You just have to drill them with a huge bit without damaging the threads.

I installed them in my truck along with my HHO Cell and it fixed my lean issue.

I chose to buy mine because they were only $7, ( not $12 as you stated), and it would have been more costly to buy the drill, drill bit and hope i didn't mess it up doing it myself.

dkjones96 07-20-2008 07:53 AM

What is pulling the sensor out of the exhaust stream supposed to do?

GasSavers_Erik 07-20-2008 06:41 PM

It makes the O2 sensor output a higher voltage. This makes the ECU think the engine is running a bit rich and so it leans the mix out a little

Ratman667 07-20-2008 07:05 PM

if you have a bad precat, it will also fool the computer into thinking the cat has been replaced.

the defoulers come in a pack of two. drill a 1/2" hole in one, so your o2 sensor will fit, screw that one into the other. those go in the exhaust and the o2 will go into it next. what it does is allow less exhaust get to the sensor. if the gases aren't within specs, the smaller amount of gas fools the computer into thinking everything is normal (example: your car is running lean. that means there is too much o2 in the exhaust. with less gas getting to the sensor, it will read that it is or near stoich). it does not work 100% of the time.

the help part number is 42002.