Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Fuelly Web Support and Community News (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   New Addition: Auto vs. Manual Transmission (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/new-addition-auto-vs-manual-transmission-938.html)

pb 04-03-2012 03:47 AM

New Addition: Auto vs. Manual Transmission

Today we added the ability to specify whether your vehicle has automatic or manual transmission.

When you create a new car at Fuelly you'll have the option to choose Manual or Automatic transmission. And if you'd like to add it to your existing car you can like this:

1.) Browse to your vehicle page and click EDIT CAR. (Here's the location.)

2.) The top of the vehicle settings page has your vehicle type, click change type.

3.) Transmission is located at the bottom of the choices. Select Automatic or Manual and then click the Update Car button at the bottom of the page.

That's it. Once you have Transmission set you'll see Auto or Manual next to your vehicle description across the site. For example, here's my Prius. If you look at the top of the page you'll see: 2006 Toyota Prius • Hybrid L4 Hatchback (Auto).

Once we have a good number of people reporting their transmission, we'll add filters to the top of the browse vehicle pages so you can limit those by transmission.

MatrixDom 04-03-2012 04:08 AM

Good stuff.

MMUK 04-03-2012 07:56 AM

That's great, many thanks :-)

Pelle 04-04-2012 07:43 PM

Very useful addition, will be interesting to see the difference in fuel consumption.

Landric 04-06-2012 09:54 PM

Excellent, I have both my vehicles listed with the transmission type in the description, but I noticed a lot of folks don't do that. It will be nice to know that information.

jmp316 04-07-2012 01:03 AM

Great idea. I'm still relatively new to Fuelly, so I apologize if this has been asked before, but have you guys ever considered adding more data points for fill ups. I'm thinking of things like brand of gas, octane used, tire pressure, etc. I use the tags and notes section to do this now, but it would be nice to input these into their own box and share with others. It would something that people can enter optionally, of course. Just a thought...

dz302 04-07-2012 09:40 PM

Just changed mine to manual. Thanks for the tip!

MMUK 04-08-2012 02:09 AM

My 'manual' setting has disappeared & gone back to unset (so I've set it again).

Are there any rogue updates which might not be maintaining the new field? (Perhaps the first screen which allows us to modify the description).

pb 04-09-2012 11:06 PM

Thanks for the bug report MMUK, we'll look at that.

Garfyville 04-11-2012 05:46 AM

Could you add other types of Transmissions to the list as Semi-auto (Automatic transmission) and Direct Shift (Manual Transmission), both of which have no clutch pedal but in the later case does have two clutches, as they are becoming more and more popular.

Perhaps it would become too complicated, but to put mine (Direct Shift) in the Auto type would skew any figures that might be collected as it is not an Automatic but to a casual observer everything looks and behaves like an auto.

Average MPG will often be quite different between two similar cars with Manual & DSG (Manual has better MPG).

Andrew