Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Wanted to Buy (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f25/)
-   -   WTB: OEM radio for 94 VX (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f25/wtb-oem-radio-for-94-vx-9390.html)

slogfilet 07-14-2008 07:32 PM

WTB: OEM radio for 94 VX

Looking for an AM/FM radio for my Vx. Prefer stock radio, but I'm not too picky... no bells and whistles needed. I'm in WA, but can pay shipping.

Thanks!

kamesama980 07-16-2008 06:31 AM

keep an eye out for them at garage sales. I've picked up a few decent (IE aftermarket but not theft-worthy) radios for $5-10

Jay2TheRescue 07-16-2008 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kamesama980 (Post 111222)
keep an eye out for them at garage sales. I've picked up a few decent (IE aftermarket but not theft-worthy) radios for $5-10

Not theft worthy is up to interpretation. I once had someone try to steal a cheap, crappy Sears brand stereo out of my 74 chevy. I only paid $25 for it new. My only saving grace was that the truck had factory a/c and they could not figure out how to get the stereo out. To install the stereo in that truck I had to remove all the a/c ducting from under the dash, install the radio, then reinstall the a/c ducting. Luckily the attempted theft was after I had relegated the truck to "beater" status and removed the $800 Alpine stereo that was in it a few months before.

-jay

thornburg 07-16-2008 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kamesama980 (Post 111222)

Ditto what Jay said... My mom's car got broken into and the radio stolen out of it... it was a $30 eBay deal (NIB, not used), but the cops told her that someone had broken into every car on the street that had an aftermarket radio, without regard to cost or quality. They left the stock radios alone.

Loserkidwac 07-16-2008 08:44 AM

My new Del Sol came with a stock acura CD player, i might be selling it if you are interested?

Jay2TheRescue 07-16-2008 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thornburg (Post 111241)
Ditto what Jay said... My mom's car got broken into and the radio stolen out of it... it was a $30 eBay deal (NIB, not used), but the cops told her that someone had broken into every car on the street that had an aftermarket radio, without regard to cost or quality. They left the stock radios alone.

LOL, every aftermarket radio... When I first bought my 74 Chevy it had a crappy Kraco 8 track/FM stereo (analog tuning). It had no radio presets, and a week after I bought the truck the radio got stuck on a rap station. I listened to 8 tracks until I got several hunderd dollars off on that Alpine stereo. I had a 360 watt Alpine stereo with a 12 disc CD changer in it. The stereo was literally worth more than the truck... I had an incredible deal on everything. I bought it on clearance, and installed it myself. I had $800 worth of stereo equipment for about $300.

-Jay

acousin01 07-16-2008 04:45 PM

vx stock radio

Quote:

Originally Posted by slogfilet (Post 111045)
Looking for an AM/FM radio for my Vx. Prefer stock radio, but I'm not too picky... no bells and whistles needed. I'm in WA, but can pay shipping.

Thanks!

I just bought a 92 vx that has what i believe to be stock (not really sure but it is honda brand) that I am almost completely fed up with and may be in a market to sell....