Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (http://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Wanted to Buy (http://www.fuelly.com/forums/f25/)
-   -   WTB: Honda del Sol (http://www.fuelly.com/forums/f25/wtb-honda-del-sol-9465.html)

smccall 07-19-2008 10:38 PM

WTB: Honda del Sol
 
I've been looking at some del Sols lately and have been thinking of possibly getting one. Since I dont have alot to spend on one, I'll take one that needs fixing, needs an engine, or bodywork. If anybody sees one or is selling one for cheap, please reply.

Thanks guys!

civic94 07-20-2008 07:00 AM

try looking one in the wintertime.... they cost a bit less

GasSavers_topher 07-20-2008 10:50 AM

My friend is selling one that is perfect for $3,500. Maybe it's not fee but, it's nice. If you interested pm me. I live in Ohio though.

Chris

smccall 07-20-2008 12:09 PM

Thanks for the advice civic94. I appreciate the reply topher. $3500 is a bit out of my price range. I bet its a nice ride though.

civic94 07-20-2008 02:56 PM

yea 3500 is worth only if its clean and unmolested. I ran across a 94 del sol with the z6 engine 4 years ago, for 2500. I thought about buying it since its a hardtop convertible, but i didnt because of the fact that it only seats 2.


also i seen del sols go for 1200 sometimes with a bad engine or tranny, but its totally worth if if you know know to swap these 1.5 liter engines, would cost less than 2000 altogether if you have the time and knowledge.

smccall 07-20-2008 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by civic94 (Post 111840)
yea 3500 is worth only if its clean and unmolested. I ran across a 94 del sol with the z6 engine 4 years ago, for 2500. I thought about buying it since its a hardtop convertible, but i didnt because of the fact that it only seats 2.


also i seen del sols go for 1200 sometimes with a bad engine or tranny, but its totally worth if if you know know to swap these 1.5 liter engines, would cost less than 2000 altogether if you have the time and knowledge.

Thats what I'm looking for. Something around 1k. I dont care if the engine or tranny is bad. It would be a project car for me. Let me know if you see anymore like the one you saw for $1200.

civic94 07-20-2008 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smccall (Post 111849)
Thats what I'm looking for. Something around 1k. I dont care if the engine or tranny is bad. It would be a project car for me. Let me know if you see anymore like the one you saw for $1200.


check up on your local craigslist. I check on philly, and other northeast states for mines. its probably a bit cheaper here since rust is an issue compared to georgia. like i said it isnt all the time, but once in a while it pops up. there was a auto del sol selling for 1800 with high miles, but i didnt buy it cause of the 2 seater issue.. i love civics lol

smccall 07-20-2008 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by civic94 (Post 111861)
check up on your local craigslist. I check on philly, and other northeast states for mines. its probably a bit cheaper here since rust is an issue compared to georgia. like i said it isnt all the time, but once in a while it pops up. there was a auto del sol selling for 1800 with high miles, but i didnt buy it cause of the 2 seater issue.. i love civics lol

Yeah Philly is where I got my VX from. I haven't had any issues with it besides an ignition coil I recently replaced (so easy) and the under dash fuse box I replaced when I first got it. I've been looking in craigslist and found 2 too late. One was 700 and the other 1400, but I haven't received a reply from the seller which almost always means its been sold. I'll keep looking though.

Loserkidwac 07-21-2008 06:26 AM

yea I found my Del Sol on Craigslist in the price range you are looking...it was honestly the only one though...most seem to be $2500 around here...mine was an auto which seems to be fairly uncommon...had a blown head gasket, barely could move under its own power and was pretty dirty inside and out...some TLC and its making a full recovery from its neglected state, body is in better shape then my VX was...getting a cleaned up D15z1 and VX trans for some topless MPG savings ;) lol well good luck, I'll let ya know if I see an Sols cheap, I'm looking for a friend now also in PA, DE, MD, VA, NY area...a little north but maybe I'll stumble upon 2 showroom quality sols parked in a barn someone is giving away ;-P

smccall 07-23-2008 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loserkidwac (Post 111928)
yea I found my Del Sol on Craigslist in the price range you are looking...it was honestly the only one though...most seem to be $2500 around here...mine was an auto which seems to be fairly uncommon...had a blown head gasket, barely could move under its own power and was pretty dirty inside and out...some TLC and its making a full recovery from its neglected state, body is in better shape then my VX was...getting a cleaned up D15z1 and VX trans for some topless MPG savings ;) lol well good luck, I'll let ya know if I see an Sols cheap, I'm looking for a friend now also in PA, DE, MD, VA, NY area...a little north but maybe I'll stumble upon 2 showroom quality sols parked in a barn someone is giving away ;-P

Thanks for looking out for me.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.