Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   My Recent Gas Savings Experiences (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/my-recent-gas-savings-experiences-9702.html)

TryGasRebates! 08-11-2008 06:22 PM

My Recent Gas Savings Experiences

Hi Everyone! I'm new here to the forum and I thought I'd share my 2 recent money saving experiences. Here's the first one. Back in early June the wife and I realized it was time to get rid of the Nissan 4x4. It was a 1998 Pathfinder that was now 9 1/2 years old with more than 160k miles racked up on it. Gas was at about $4.20 per gallon at the time. Of course, we're thinking fuel efficient. As it turns out Chrysler was offering an interesting deal on their 300's at this time. They call it the "Let's Refuel America" offer. We liked the idea so much that we picked out a new 2008 Chrysler 300. I'm always tempted by higher horsepower, but I settled on the 2.7 liter V6 rated at 190HP. That's their smallest engine for this car but I'm OK with this. The fuel efficiency on it is rated at 18/26 MPG. That's slightly better than my old Nissan. What I really like is that for the next 3 whole years I get to pay only $2.99 per gallon of gas and Chrysler picks up the rest. No matter what it says at the pump, I still get to pay only $2.99. Of course, 3 years down the line, the offer will expire and I'll go back to paying full price. I would not be surprised if the price of gas is 7 or 8 bucks a gallon by then. Ouch! Would you be surprised if it really got that expensive?
Here's my 2nd experience. In early July a long time trustworthy friend of mine told me about a company that offers gas rebates. I was totally surprised because I'd never heard of such a thing. She's a careful sort of person, so when she first heard of it, the first thing she did was check the company out through the Better Business Bureau. Once she found out that the company has an excellent reputation, she went ahead and joined up. She told me the web site and I looked it up. Her results after joining were impressive. For her, just 10 days after joining, it had paid for itself! The rest is pure gravy! I liked the idea so much that I joined up right away too! I totally liked the idea because now I had another way to save money on gas. Of course it does cost something to join up. But it's well worth it because it easily pays for itself on the long run just with the rebate part alone. On the short run, it has an awesome potential because of the constant need for gas savings. I don't want to get too wordy on all the details. Go ahead and check this web site out for yourself. It's one the best gas money savers I've seen around. There's a 3 minute movie in there that explains the whole thing better than I can. It's at: allcash4gas.usgasrebates.com See ya!
https://allcash4gas.usgasrebates.com

GasSavers_JoeBob 08-11-2008 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TryGasRebates! (Post 114886)
...There's a 3 minute movie in there that explains the whole thing better than I can. It's at:...See ya!

Just watched it. Can you say "Pyramid Club"?

Hoopster 08-12-2008 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeBob (Post 114896)
Just watched it. Can you say "Pyramid Club"?

Thanks for calling it what it is. Seems like Gassavers is a target for scams and spammers. Thankfully there's always someone to nip it in the bud.

Jay2TheRescue 08-12-2008 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopster (Post 114927)
Thanks for calling it what it is. Seems like Gassavers is a target for scams and spammers. Thankfully there's always someone to nip it in the bud.

The only thing like that that actually worked was gaslimit.com. I paid $43.09 for 6 months of price protection capped @ $3.07/gal back in November. I was capped @ $3.07 from Jan through June. I actually profited over $100. Not suprising that they have lost so bad on people like me that they are not selling gascaps anymore.

-Jay

Quote:

Originally Posted by GasLimit.com account summany page
My Account
$69.63 will be credited to your card ending with #8153 on September 01, 2008 for order GL00039
Contact Info

Jay

Tel:
Email: jay2therescue@REMOVED
Updates: None

Vehicles
1998 Gmc K1500 Sierra 4wd
Orders

January 1, 2008 - June 30, 2008
Premium is $43.09
GL00039 6 Month Price Limit at $3.070 Per Gallon

Renew Just Get
A New Quote

Transactions
Date Amount
June 17, 2008 - GL00039 view details +49.56
May 6, 2008 - GL00039 view details +24.01
April 1, 2008 - GL00039 view details +11.68
March 3, 2008 - GL00039 view details +0.72
February 1, 2008 - GL00039 view details +0.65
November 11, 2007 - GL00039

thisisntjared 08-12-2008 09:53 AM

i think the user name was a dead give away.... gassavers is the target because scammers know a lot of people are going to be trying to save gas with prices over $3/gal

GasSavers_JoeBob 08-13-2008 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay2TheRescue (Post 114929)
The only thing like that that actually worked was gaslimit.com. I paid $43.09 for 6 months of price protection capped @ $3.07/gal back in November. I was capped @ $3.07 from Jan through June. I actually profited over $100. Not suprising that they have lost so bad on people like me that they are not selling gascaps anymore.

-Jay

Looks like they are again...dunno if it's a good deal or not now, though...

Jay2TheRescue 08-13-2008 06:34 PM

They're not selling right now. That was one of my complaints about them. They let you go through the entire process of getting a quote and deciding on a plan, then there's no checkout button. In the beginning I got my payments within a few days of the end of the month. The payments got progressively later to the point that I still don't have the payment for July - and apparently I won't have it for another month if what they have told me is true.

-Jay

GasSavers_JoeBob 08-13-2008 09:26 PM

OK...I never made it to the checkout...decided I wasn't that interested...