Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   VX rims work on scion xa/xb? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/vx-rims-work-on-scion-xa-xb-9875.html)

civic94 09-01-2008 07:00 AM

VX rims work on scion xa/xb?

i have the vx rims on my civic right now, and i like the xa or xb (1st gen) with the 1.5 liter engines. im wondering if the vx rims will clear the brakes on those vehicles

i think i saw 13's on a xb before, but i wasn't 100% sure. im more for the xa because of the looks, since the xb is like a box. i might buy one withing a few years (whenever they drop to 5000 or less, with high miles)

I want to keep the vx rims because its light, i already have them, and tires for them are the cheapest, since 13's tires are the starting price of any tire.

thornburg 09-01-2008 09:31 AM

Given that the stock size on an xa & xb is 15", I really doubt 13" would work. Also, the outer diameter of the wheel would be way off, unless you get some "high profile" tires, such as 175/80R13... TireRack doesn't sell any tires that would be the exact same OD as 185/60/R15, but a few are close.

They do have the 4x100 bolt pattern, though. If you really want to, you could always keep the VX rims, try it out, and just sell the rims if they don't work on it. Selling VX rims shouldn't be a problem.

Danronian 09-01-2008 10:19 AM

I would just put some steelies on the civic when/if you sell it and keep the VX rims around. With spacers, who knows, they might fit. If not, you could always put them on ebay and make a bit of money off of them.

FLAteam 09-02-2008 02:44 AM

I doubt they'd clear the brakes, but you can try (13x5 is pretty thin, but maybe they wouldn't fit over them either). Spacers can be dangerous too. Furthermore, the centerbores for Toyota cars are smaller than Honda cars. This would mean that they would fit over, but it wouldn't be an exact fit over the hub (hubcentric), rather, the weight of the car would be on the lugs, rather than the hub (lugcentric).

civic94 09-02-2008 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLAteam (Post 117155)
I doubt they'd clear the brakes, but you can try (13x5 is pretty thin, but maybe they wouldn't fit over them either). Spacers can be dangerous too. Furthermore, the centerbores for Toyota cars are smaller than Honda cars. This would mean that they would fit over, but it wouldn't be an exact fit over the hub (hubcentric), rather, the weight of the car would be on the lugs, rather than the hub (lugcentric).

yea i guess.

i did however seen a camry on acura wheels before, guess that might be dangerous. i just love the 13' wheels because of the cheapness of the tires when it comes time to change the tires.

Loserkidwac 09-02-2008 10:01 AM

You can get hubcentric adapters/spacers which might help you clear the caliper too...