Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   HHO and Hydrogen (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f32/)
-   -   Bring Your Hho Questions!!! (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f32/bring-your-hho-questions-9924.html)

GasSavers_Lurch 09-06-2008 12:03 PM

Bring Your Hho Questions!!!

I have been reading a lot of the hho threads and i can answer almost all of your questions, i dont have the time to hunt them down and then compete with the people that think the earth is flat.
Not everyone is suited for driving small cars in a smart way. I am nearly 7 foot tall and i have a size 15 foot. the only way i get a geo to move is if i throw it.
hydrogen is a viable solution and i do actually have a working model, i dont have the numbers you want right now, but that is only because i am to busy stress testing everything. i build my own cosm and my own pwm. if you want to learn or ask questions feel free. If you want to nit-pick and annoy i dont have the time. :D

JohnNeiferd 09-06-2008 12:12 PM

Hey, welcome to the forum. I currently don't have any questions but thanks anyway for trying to help out. You're a lot better teaching people DIY solutions than those people who get on here advertising the latest HHO generators that cost $500 when you can build one for less than $50.

So thanks again, and welcome.

GasSavers_Lurch 09-06-2008 03:37 PM

people have helped me to learn what i know, i dont mind helping others.
and besides if your systems is actually worthwhile you dont have to try and sell it, it will sell itself.

Jay2TheRescue 09-06-2008 04:13 PM

It will sell itself... That's a fantastic way to see it.

-Jay

Zukibot 09-06-2008 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lurch (Post 117667)
...i do actually have a working model, i dont have the numbers you want right now, but that is only because i am to busy stress testing everything. i build my own cosm and my own pwm...

Needless to say, but pics or it didn't happen... https://www.fuelly.com/attachments/fo...338efbe74f.gif

GasSavers_Lurch 09-07-2008 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zukibot (Post 117697)
Needless to say, but pics or it didn't happen... https://www.fuelly.com/attachments/fo...338efbe74f.gif

was that a question?

Jay2TheRescue 09-07-2008 06:35 AM

He's saying he wants several good pics of your installed setup.

GasSavers_Lurch 09-07-2008 06:38 AM

Okay, i'm a little edgy this morning... i will work on it.
i dont even have a camera... yet :p

AmachinistJeff 09-14-2008 03:39 PM

Oxygen content

Hello Lurch,
I am concerned with the lean out conditions of running Browns Gas in an internal combustion engine. My expereince is that lean engines run hot, and damage pistons and valves. Adding of Oxygen to combustion will increase efficancy. Nitrous oxide injection greatly increases power, but only can be done reliably if more fuel is added to prevent lean damage.
I am assuming that HHO is 66% hydrogen, and 33% oxygen. How much Oxygen is need to burn the Hydrogen? Would there be any Oxygen left to lean out the Gasoline/Air mixture?
I have read alot of post, Web sites, and watched many Videos on HHO generators this week. I have even made a generator, installed it, and made a MAP sensor Voltage adjuster. I am concerned about excessive leaning of the engine however. Most people seem to think that the lean condition of the O2 sensor is due to the clean burn of the Hydrogen. Is this the fact?
I also havn't seem to find any information as to Timing adjustments. Should engine timing remain the same, or is advance/retard in order?
Do you know of the longest someone has operated a vehicle on HHO assist? It seems most info I have run across has been; I just built this, I have just tested this, I am thinking of building this/or that.
Thanks for any help, AmachinistJeff

itjstagame 09-15-2008 12:50 PM

I know, I too would like to see long and imperical testing. People either just build it or disappear.

As for O2 sensor, it reads the amount of O2 in the exhaust (or is it %?). We know there is unused O2 and unburnt fuel in the exhaust of a typical car. If you did something to cause the fuel to burn better or more completely or could reduce the amount of fuel coming out the exhaust while using the same amount in the intake, then in order to burn this fuel we'd use O2 and there would be less O2 in the exhaust (lean). Sometimes this can be associated with increased exhaust heat as well and sometimes we burn all the O2 there is but still inject extra fuel to cool the charge and resulting exhaust.

So, if somehow you got a more complete burn in a normal car it would think it's lean and start dumping in more fuel, which is why people usually mod the O2 sensor or ECU. If you're worried about heat the first thing you should do is install an EGT gauge and if the numbers look too high here then I would suggest water injection. Either a mister, bubbler or ceramic vaporizer should help add extra cooling to the charge and add some efficiency advantages due to the expansion characteristics of steam.

Ideally 66% H2 and 33% O2 should 'burn' to create H2O steam, which is why many people call the inherent idea 'free' energy because you're hoping to split water into H2 and O2 and then burn it and somehow get more energy than you started. But the goal is that the H2 and extra O2 also help burn the unburnt gasoline and cause a more complete burn which is why the O2 sensor would read lean. Otherwise if H2 and O2 fully combine back to water then they will not affect the O2 sensor reading at all, if anything they'll take up some room in the intake charge that otherwise would be taken by air (with 8% O2), so I would think you might even see a rich condition.