Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Acura RSX owners? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/acura-rsx-owners-9932.html)

UfoTofU 09-07-2008 05:00 PM

Acura RSX owners?

Wondering if any members own an RSX.....Either base model or S type.

I've liked the car since it came out.....I sort of see it as a spiritual successor to the CRX which I guess I can label as my first true automotive love/infatuation. Though visually I suppose that the Honda Insight is the true successor until the CR-Z comes out.

I might possibly be getting a new higher paying job and have always wanted an RSX. I've yet to drive one myself but was wondering if any owners had some persoanl feedback on them.

GasSavers_BEEF 09-07-2008 06:46 PM

I worked with a guy that had two. he blew the first one up. he bought a chip which did many things for it but it also took out the rev limiter. he floated the valves and POP. it was very uneventful, just started to run like crap and threw a code. he could run just about anything on the road, and he did. that being said, he was still getting high 20s for mpg. and when I say high I mean 28-29. most (if not all) of his drive was highway.

his second one stayed stock until I left that company 2 years ago. I don't keep up with him anymore.

oh and also it was the S model. not the base. if I had the green and was looking to upgrade, they are very nice.

civic94 09-07-2008 07:15 PM

well if you really wanted an rsx, i would get the base model (my opinion tho) since for myself, i think anything less than 30 mpg combined is a FSP. the base will still use regular, which is good for the pocket.

the rsx gets about 30 mpg if hypermilled, and for the size inside (crx like) i think its not worth the mpg for its size. you can get the current accord 5 speed 4 cly up to 30 mpg hypermilled, but its so much roomier. if your crx is stick, it can go 50 mpg on the highway, compared to 35 with the rsx, with the same amount of interior space.

its up to you on your budget and how much you want to spend on gas. when I was 16, i had a civic that got 45 mpg, then i saved enough money to get a 92 camry auto 4 cylinder (just wanted a bigger car, show off, etc) and that thing got me 23 mpg. pretty much my gas bill doubled and insurance went up 50%. after that lesson i never bought anything other than civics.

i'm just the kind of guy that likes to get the most room/trunk space for the least gas possible. if i had a choice between a 97 accord or a 06 civic (very similar in interrior size) i would most definately get the civic, since i can get 40 mpg on it all day, while the accord... mid 20's to 30 if hypermilled.

UfoTofU 09-08-2008 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by civic94 (Post 117800)
well if you really wanted an rsx, i would get the base model (my opinion tho) since for myself, i think anything less than 30 mpg combined is a FSP. the base will still use regular, which is good for the pocket.

the rsx gets about 30 mpg if hypermilled, and for the size inside (crx like) i think its not worth the mpg for its size. you can get the current accord 5 speed 4 cly up to 30 mpg hypermilled, but its so much roomier. if your crx is stick, it can go 50 mpg on the highway, compared to 35 with the rsx, with the same amount of interior space.

its up to you on your budget and how much you want to spend on gas. when I was 16, i had a civic that got 45 mpg, then i saved enough money to get a 92 camry auto 4 cylinder (just wanted a bigger car, show off, etc) and that thing got me 23 mpg. pretty much my gas bill doubled and insurance went up 50%. after that lesson i never bought anything other than civics.

i'm just the kind of guy that likes to get the most room/trunk space for the least gas possible. if i had a choice between a 97 accord or a 06 civic (very similar in interrior size) i would most definately get the civic, since i can get 40 mpg on it all day, while the accord... mid 20's to 30 if hypermilled.

------------------

I wouldn't be getting it so much to hypermile it but to have something a little bit sporty that still manages good MPG.

I actually prefer small little coupes. I have no kids or anything so interior and trunk space is not really a concern of mine.