Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   Civic VX -post your MPG (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/civic-vx-post-your-mpg-9942.html)

GasSavers_vxhatch 09-09-2008 07:27 AM

Civic VX -post your MPG

...along with vehicle mods, type of driving & comments. My hope is that this will give other VX owners a feel for how their FE stacks-up with others. Here's mine:

vehicle: 92 Civic VX (stock)
odo: 135k
MPG mods: none
last tank MPG: 44
hwy/city: 70/30%
comments: Last tank was used entirely for my a daily 80-mile round-trip commute between Annapolis, MD and Arlington, VA. It's primarily highway, where I try to keep it <70MPH, but also has some city driving, traffic lights and stop-n-go traffic. I do attempt to conserve fuel in my driving techniques, but I am not a hypermiler. No drafting EOC, etc.

slogfilet 09-09-2008 07:36 AM

94 VX, 184k miles
Bone stock, 0w30 synthetic
Mild hypermiling (more like just driving like a sane person, occasional EOC)

Last tank was 49.3
average over about 12 tanks is 44

I have an MPGuino almost completed (basically a Scangauge for pre-OBDII cars) and a grill block almost ready to pop in. So 2 "almost" mods. I'm sure the power of positive thinking is getting me an extra 2.371%

My gas log has a big dip in it... i think most of that can be attributed to a slow air leak in one tire that went unnoticed for quite some time. Yeah I know, I should be checking my tires hourly.

silversol 09-09-2008 07:43 AM

1994 cx with a vx swap. mods are vx wheels with 50 psi in the tires, intake tured to face the radiator. and i just swaped it last week with the first re fill i got 44 mpg with all atlanta city driving! i have some hwy miles on this tank so i cant wait to see the result!

Loserkidwac 09-09-2008 08:12 AM

1994 Civic Del Sol with D15z1 Swap, HX wheels and Grill Block, 38mpg on my last tank which was probably 10% Hwy and 90% City, I was able to get 50mpg with a 100% Hwy before the HX wheels and grill block, have a bunch of aero mods planned to just need to find some time to install them...

I was thinking of starting a thread for VX driving hypermiling to see what people were doing that work specifically for the VX...

djenyc 09-09-2008 12:10 PM

I have 2 VXes - 92' Canadian model with 140K and 94' US with 260K. Both get around 44 MPG 50% city/highway. Highway driving is 62 in 55mph and 72 in 65mph.

No mods and none planned, no hypermiling - just driving gently to minimize the cost of fuel and maintenance. All in all they get around 50MPG highway and 40 city - just like EPA said.

Ross

nowhhs 09-09-2008 03:13 PM

I have a 1990 hatch with a VX engine (JDM D15B) and HF transmission transplanted into it. I drive about 25% hwy and 75% city and average about 47mpg. I drive relatively gently, no specific hypermiling techniques and usually 5-10 mph over the limit. My tires are at 42psi, I have a WAI, a trip computer from an 88 Acura, and an led that lets me know when I'm in lean burn mode. That last has probably helped modify my driving more than anything else. I'm still trying to break 50mpg before winter, but I don't think I'm going to make it. Maybe next summer.

SuperVX 09-10-2008 08:22 AM

49 MPG

70/30 Highway/City

Driving the speed limit

https://www.gassavers.org/gaslog/sig.php?id=1382

GasSavers_vxhatch 09-10-2008 11:04 AM

about that Lean Burn LED...

Quote:

Originally Posted by nowhhs (Post 118046)
and an led that lets me know when I'm in lean burn mode. That last has probably helped modify my driving more than anything else.

I'm interested in this and some time ago ordered some parts to buld a comparator-based circuit to control a lean-burn LED indicator. Are you willing to post details of how you built/implemented your Lean Burn indicator?

PS: Thanks to all who have posted on this thread. I'm amazed at the variance and would love to get the 50+ highway MPG that some of you are achieving!

nowhhs 09-10-2008 02:05 PM

Lean Burn LED

No problem. I started with the information here: (Thanks TomO)
https://www.gassavers.org/showthread.php?t=2427. I monitored the actual voltages for a while (a couple of weeks), and in my case, when the voltage exceeded about 3 volts (see post #20 for where I got that), I could tell I was in lean burn. You can feel it going into and coming out of it if you pay close attention. Then I took the information from here:
https://www.autospeed.com/cms/A_1716/...popularArticle and made up a circuit similar to that one. The differences are: 1) I added a 7809 voltage regulator to the supply voltage so that voltage fluctuations in the 12volts don't effect the set point (the author of that article addresses that issue at the very end - but I disagree with him, fluctuating supply voltage made a pretty big difference in the reference voltage) 2) I reversed the O2 signal and the reference voltage (pins 2 and 3) so that the led turns on as the voltage increases past the setpoint. The circuit autospeed has is designed so that the led lights when the voltage falls. I also chose a 330 ohm resistor rather than a 470 because I wanted the led brighter, but that probably doesn't matter much.

I've learned some interesting things from that light, for example I get better fuel economy in 4th gear if I can keep it in lean burn than in 5th without it. Significantly better in fact. The tendency is to get into 5th as fast as possible, but sometimes being in that tall a gear requires throttle positions that take you out of lean burn mode. And of course every situation is different. YMMV:)

BTW according to the gassavers garage, we have a lot more than just 5 or 6 VXs here. Come on people, post.

VXRider 09-10-2008 03:46 PM

I drive 90% city any usually end up around 43mpg.

tt2323 09-11-2008 07:09 PM

'94 vx with 145k. After a new o2 sensor I've gotten 40, 44, 45, 48, 45 mpg in my last 5 tanks of gas. Max tire pressure +1-2 psi. usually going speed limit, a mix between 50-50 city/highway with some a/c use. Practicing easy acceleration keeping rpms down, anticipating lights and even shutting it down at long ones. Would love to hit 50mpg!

eliteskill 09-12-2008 09:57 AM

94' california vx 200k miles, replaced everything possible car drives 100% perfect.... average 31mpg 50/50 city/hwy full ac use.. under 3k shifts all the time... 70mph hwy.. im starting to hate this car... will be up for sale soon if someone wants to figure out why its not getting 40+

GasSavers_vxhatch 09-12-2008 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nowhhs (Post 118190)
No problem..

Thx for the info on your lean-burn monitor. I also looked at the autospeed article and had ordered n received the parts. From your info, I've placed a 2nd order to Allied Electronics for a 9V regulator and recommended capacitors. I hope to have this completed and installed within a couple of weeks. BTW, I got 48MPG on my last tank! Main difference was in my driving style, trying to keep it to 70MPH or under, (safely) drafting when possible.

I can definitely tell when I come out of lean-burn, just not when I go into LB. For this, I think a LB LED indicator will be a big improvement. Out of curiousity, in your experience is the upshift indicator simply a lean-burn indicator that is disabled in 5th gear?

nowhhs 09-12-2008 04:06 PM

As far as I can tell, the upshift indicator only measures rpm and load. It doesn't tell you anything about lean burn. And I agree with you, its alot easier to feel when it come out of lean burn than when it goes in.

Since you all have VXs this might be a good place to ask this question, can you feel when vtec engages? I have an led thats wired to the vtec solenoid, so I can tell when it gets the electrical signal, but I can't feel any difference. Maybe mine needs cleaning? It does pull well at higher rpms though. I don't mean to hijack this thread, just a quick yes or no. Thanks.

Loserkidwac 09-12-2008 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nowhhs (Post 118390)
Since you all have VXs this might be a good place to ask this question, can you feel when vtec engages? I have an led thats wired to the vtec solenoid, so I can tell when it gets the electrical signal, but I can't feel any difference. Maybe mine needs cleaning? It does pull well at higher rpms though. I don't mean to hijack this thread, just a quick yes or no. Thanks.

vtec-e engages at 2500rpms...honestly its probably the most noticeable in 1st or 2nd gear...there is a little screen in between the the 2 halves of the vtec solenoid, which I have heard can become clogged, this could be the problem, I'd order up some new seals from Honda, remove the solenoid, take it apart, clean it and reassemble it with new seals...

https://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...SR30_E1001.gif

Danronian 09-13-2008 07:32 AM

95 VX (non-CA version)
Current MPG: Around 43 MPG daily (80% rural and city, 20% highway)
258k miles/140k mi on motor/Orig trans
About 30k miles on the NTK o2 sensor.
Most wear-parts have been replaced in some way.

Mods:
Rear disc conversion (helps a LOT) with upgraded front pads.
Stereo and 4 speakers and Si interior w/ front del sol seats +arm rest (added weight, then took some out w/the seats)
warm-air OEM intake conversion (flipped direction of one pipe)
added antenna
lacking rear air diffuser and grill block right now
tires at max-psi plus some more
lowered about 2 inches (adjustable springs + AGX struts)
Exedy stage-1 clutch, oem grade pressure plate
Synthentic oil w/4k mi filter changes, 8k mi oil change

Future Mods:
mud flaps (now live on a dirt road)
rear diffuser
OEM VX grill block
LRR tires once these wear out (year or so away at least)
Super-MID real-time MPG gauge

R.I.D.E. 09-13-2008 09:49 AM

Mine just went past 39,000 miles, bought in March with 27,492 miles hit in rear at about 2 years old and kept inside in controlled environment to train insurance adjusters.

I lost some MPG when I replaced the original tires, with 175-70-13 Michelins, but the tire noise, handling, and tarction are much improved.

I seldom exceed 2500 RPM and my combined mileage was almost 59 before the tire change. After it seems to be averaging about 55.

Yesterday I drove from Williamsburg Va to Chantilly Va (DC area). 342 miles on 5.712 gallons. No hypermiling, averaging 65 MPH, drafting when practical, probably 25% of total trip time.

I use 5th gear at anything above 30 MPH, lower gears if I need better acceleration.

I maximise DFCO and coasting when it doesn't aggravate other drivers unless they are tailgaters, then I use P&G to frustrate their stupidity and the increased danger.

I do not shut off the engine because I read it stops lean burn for a certain period of time after the restart.

Tires at 40 for now, max is 44, but ride quality is superb, noticeable to every passenger who has travelled with me.

It seems that my current mileage range works out to about 51 local and 57 highway, but speeds and hypermiling have a significant effect. My worst tank recently was 45 (havent entered it in my log yet), when I did no hypermiling and drove on the interstates locally instead of the 45-55 back roads. I wanted to see how bad my mileage would be, and that was the only sub 50 MPG tank in 8000 miles.

Suggestions;
Maximise DFCO

Coast downhill and whenever you can (in my case locally sometimes .5 mile).
Max elevations changes locally are about 40 feet.

I generally use the back roads locally, but lately there has been a lot of construction on my favorite routes which has increased idling times significantly. That was one of the reasons for the 45 MPG tank.

Anticipate the lights ahead. I drive the same routes every day. My favorite, is a 32 mile round trip with over 50 traffic lights. Timing them is crucial to mileage. In many cases I idle less than 2 minutes on that 32 mile round trip, to give you an idea of the effectiveness of traffic light anticipation.

People blast by me all the time, only to stop at the next light and I pass them coasting in neutral. A lot of the time I can hear their engines rev up as they jockey for a position, when the light will not change soon enough for them to maintain their inertial state, which is the key to effective hypermiling.

It took me 7000 miles to rub the rust off the brake drums and rotors from the car sitting for 13 years. That is a good indication of how little I use the brakes. Light timing requires me to make decisions about acceleration and speed. If I slow down any I will catch the yellow light, so I have to sacrifice some efficiency to reduce idling in those cases.

I have no means of monitoring lean burn, everything is based on instinct. My previous Del Sol averaged 43 MPG (DX model) on the same routes, best tank was 47, but I did not use DFCO nearly as much as I do now, due to gear ratio and differential ratio differences between the two cars.

I also use minimum accessory loads, the car never had a radio, minimal AC use, as well as anything that would cause the load sensor to increase my idle speed, which seems to be at 500RPM or slightly less (a significant way to increase mileage, is to minimise idle speed).

regards
gary

1993CivicVX 09-13-2008 01:42 PM

This summer between 62 and 70mpg. But that's with lots EOC and egg shell acceleration, anticipatory driving and over inflated tires. I recently had the compression tested on my car. 3 cylinders were around 175, one was around 165-170. I'm told that's pretty good for a car with 200,000+ miles. I stopped logging my gas mileage because I no longer have the leisure time to keep track of my mileage using Google Maps (*gasp!*) My odometer only works ~60% of the time.

R.I.D.E. 09-13-2008 04:09 PM

Forgot one thing, I also have the intake snorkel reversed for WAI, trimmed a little of the horn off so it sould not contact the top radiator hose.

regards
badger

gtstwincam 09-13-2008 10:24 PM

95 Civic VX Canadian model

145k miles. K&N drop in filter. used the upshift indicator light while driving
Approx 80% hwy, 20% City

53MPG.

Fully tuned. 5w-30 Mobil 1 sythentic. Stock VX wheels and tires. 32psi on the tires.

1993CivicVX 09-13-2008 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtstwincam (Post 118486)
145k miles. K&N drop in filter. used the upshift indicator light while driving
Approx 80% hwy, 20% City

53MPG.

Fully tuned. 5w-30 Mobil 1 sythentic. Stock VX wheels and tires. 32psi on the tires.

/me thrusts palm into forehead.

AlainB7 09-14-2008 11:13 AM

386 000km VX

Look at my signature for FE.

Just swap my 35L (10 gallons) fuel tank for a 51L (13.5 gallons).

Now I will have a 1100km (almost 700 miles) autonomy. :D

286 000km (177 000 miles) still running like a new!

Running on Mobil-1 5w30 synthetic oil

Modifications
Electrical spoiler style sunroof
44 psi of nitrogen in tire (Goodyear Alegra)
Mitsubishi Eclipse OEM leather shifter knob
Right hand mirror
OEM Clock
K&N air filter in the OEM box
Full LED conversion
LED red/clear LED Tail light
OEM style fog light
Accesorie Repainted as a SI(mirror, side molder, truck deflector & front and rear spoiler)

GasSavers_Willard 09-17-2008 09:49 AM

D15Z1 + 95 EX coupe
4 wire + chipped P28 (more mods are listed in my garage)
my gas log is also there (~39mpg average)

I am hoping for a little better FE once I finish up the plans for the car.

thedaemon 09-17-2008 01:27 PM

1993 Civic VX (I think it was a CX by looking up the vin number, but it has VX motor and trans)

50/50 Highway City

44MPG Average

35-38 with the A/C on

Highest ever was 47MPG

I just don't know how to get more mileage out of it. I did just buy some Sumitomo tires today. The correct size this time, 165/70R13. I don't always drive the best FE but most of the time I drive easy.

GasSavers_mango 09-17-2008 02:21 PM

94 Fed VX
70/30 Highway/City
48.5 mpg average over the last month
I usually go 70-75 on the highway

seeholmes 09-17-2008 08:42 PM

94VX 150k miles. 49 state ecu swap; DMM to monitor lean burn; vacuum gauge for consistancy; 44psi tire pressure; 70/30 hwy/city; carpool w/ 1 additional person. 58-59mpg.

My current tank is a test w/o hypermiling. During this test im going 70-80mph. accelerating fast, etc. Still keeping it in lean burn when I can. Looks like im going to hit 45 or better. I also have a SuperMID on the way to help me be more informed with my driving teqnique.

SCoupe 10-03-2008 09:23 PM

92 VX @ 214,600 miles, CA version upgraded to Fed version at change of ownership. All stock and excellent mechanicals. 175/70-13 tires on VX rims (Perelli Cinturato P3000 lasted 79k miles with 3/8ths remaining..

~42 mpg on first two full tanks, 75% highway, 25% city

Have a new o2 sensor on its way, the one now in-use has 101,000 miles on it and is 7yrs years old per records. My guess is the intakes are clogged with carbon after 17 years. At some point I intend to remove the intake completely and clean it out, expecting clogged EGR ports.

GasSavers_James 10-06-2008 05:36 PM

I have a 94 canadian vx with the fed ecu. It is stock except for grill block and tape on front end for aero. I run about 40 psi in the tires, cheapy 175/70 on the stock wheels. I have been slacking on the gaslogs for a while, but I would get 47-49 in the cold and snow, and 53-58 in the summertime. I don't think I need the lean burn indicator now, I can feel it going in and coming out.
One hint i have found: when going up a hill and trying to use maximum power in lean burn with out it coming out, push the gas slowly down just until the shift light comes off (only works in 4th and 3rd). This level will be the maximum power you can use without it coming out of lean burn. as the car slows when going up the hill you may have to let off slightly to keep it in lean burn...after practice you get a feel for it.

Kendaddy126 11-08-2011 08:56 PM

Re: Civic VX -post your MPG

Quote:

Originally Posted by vxhatch (Post 118005)
...along with vehicle mods, type of driving & comments. My hope is that this will give other VX owners a feel for how their FE stacks-up with others. Here's mine:

vehicle: 92 Civic VX (stock)
odo: 135k
MPG mods: none
last tank MPG: 44
hwy/city: 70/30%
comments: Last tank was used entirely for my a daily 80-mile round-trip commute between Annapolis, MD and Arlington, VA. It's primarily highway, where I try to keep it <70MPH, but also has some city driving, traffic lights and stop-n-go traffic. I do attempt to conserve fuel in my driving techniques, but I am not a hypermiler. No drafting EOC, etc.

I have a 95 VX. I travel for work, about 60k miles a year. I carry about 350lbs of samples, and about 200lbs of me. It has 200+k miles. It's bone stock. I have thought about a chip or something, but I'm worried about reliability. I keep it tuned and a clean air filter... also check air pressure regularly. 40psi is where I keep em. I try to coast to stops, and not drive it WOT much. I don't try to Hypermile, but I do try to drive responsibly. I use the shift light. Let's get real here, I'm in south Carolina, so the AC is on if it's hot outside.. I want MPG, but I'm no sadist. The thing runs great. My BEST MPG I ever got was 44, the worst was 37. This is mostly Highway mileage. I drive 8-10 over the limit, and I don't baby it. I think the best MPG is around 61 to 63. My car is weighted down, but that's why I have it, for work. I love the car, I would recommend it to anyone wanting to save on fuel.... almost like a hybrid. Any tips from the pros would be appreciated Good luck

95 VX
37-44 MPG
41 Average Mostly Highway travel.
200+k

VX_Arky 11-08-2011 09:18 PM

Kendaddy, please join the garage section. You can post pics of your car and start a gas log. You'll be able to see how your car performs under all kinds of conditions and find out what seems to work best for you. I highly recommend it. Take a look at mine if you want. The garage section is a great, great part of this community. Welcome aboard! :)

sebass 05-09-2012 04:28 PM

vehicle: 92 Civic VX (stock). New O2 sens
odo: 188k
MPG mods: 175 LRR tires.
last tank MPG: 49.82
city/hwy: 90%/10%
No hypermiling. No EOC. 1500rpms gears shifts.

I'm stunned. I was expecting crappy tank and instead MPGs beast produced monster 49.82 city numbers. 90%c 10%hwy. I can get 50mpgs+ hwy. I'm completely satisfied with those number. That's without EOC and any hypermilling but i did shift always at 1,500rpm and never ever above 2000rpms keeping beast in lean burn mode always! RED MONSTER!

I'm assuming some of you that get 60mpg is with hypermilling and EOC right?
I can't imagine getting 60-70mpgs with regular driving?

add|ct 05-09-2012 06:23 PM

^Some have seriously modified the vehicle as well.

What PSI are you running your tires?

sebass 05-09-2012 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by add|ct (Post 167114)
^Some have seriously modified the vehicle as well.

What PSI are you running your tires?

44psi and first 15 miles was at 26psi. I also had mechanic rev up engine few times and took it for spin so it would have been slightly higher maybe putting me at 50mpgs. I also just added Seamfoam fuel injector cleaner to this tank and had a 60 mile highway trip for work so injectors just got a internal shower. It's suppose to be really great. Maybe I can get 50mpgs. I'm stunned i can do 49 MPG city. That's crazy! If i can squeeze one more mpg on whole tank i will be ecstatic. Honestly I think main thing is oxygen sensor. I would like at some point to have PCV cleaned but i do not know how to.

bowtieguy 05-10-2012 04:14 AM

the PCV valve is cheap...just replace it. i believe it's in the same location as my LX...under the throttle body. best thing to do is remove your IACV(and clean it), to gain easy access to the PCV. two birds, one stone!

GasSavers_WD40 05-10-2012 06:17 AM

Lifetime Fuel Economy: 54.67
90-day Fuel Economy: 50.74
3-tank Fuel Economy: 55.35
EPA Rating (% over): 43 (18%)
Total fills: 100
Total gallons used: 724.68
Total miles traveled: 39620.63
Average tank distance: 396.21

list of mods https://ecomodder.com/forum/emgarage....vehicleid=4173

add|ct 05-10-2012 01:55 PM

^WD40, may I comment on your mods and offer some advice in areas I'm fairly skilled in?

I was interested in your use of 0w-20 oil in your engine AND transmission.

Honda Genuine MTF is better for your VX if you want a 20 at operating temp(the first number only indicates how well it responds to colder temperatures, 5w-20 and 0w-20 is essentially the same thing), and it is a 5w-20 essentially; so you are really better off with their MTF for the sake of your syncros at least. However, I'd love to see a UOA of your 0w-20 oil changes.

Could you get a sample at your next oil change? In Canada, most heavy-duty truck service stations have Toromont CAT analysis kits from other oil experts I talk with. A sample tested is anywhere from $15-$30 US, not sure about the exact total.

Anyway, just to compare my UOA results using 0w-30 synthetic to your 0w-20. Of course, I'm in a warmer environment and my engine gets up to operating temperature slightly faster among other things. Just curious. However, if I could use 0w-20 in the winter here based on your UOA results, I'd consider doing that.

For your planned 'deep cycle battery', please don't get Optima. Get something like an Odyssey battery if you are going for a niche battery. In relation to that, an alternator kill switch? The VX already utilizes an eco charging system, as I'm sure you know, and is governed by the ECU. No sense in saving fuel if you have to replace battery more often or the alternator if it's fighting to recharge a battery that is fighting a no-recharge condition occasionally. Just commenting on your future mods, anyway, carry on. Unless, of course, you're doing the work of utilizing the kill switch plan for the alternator when you have the solar 12 volt panel on a bright sunny day working for you.

:D

PS: Due to engine mounts needing replacement and ball joints/bushings needing inspection or replacement also, I have not pushed the PSI up on my newer 175 Destiny/Harmony/X-radial tires.

GasSavers_WD40 05-10-2012 03:29 PM

add|ct ..
I have used 0-5/20 synthetic oils in this car since I got it 100 tanks ago .. the MPG speaks for itself.
I use 0/20 due to the cold winters, then 5/20 in summer... the transmission was grinding gears with the factory fluids so I opted for 0/20 synthetic and that stopped the the syncros from sticking, I also just recently added Tungsten Disulfide or WS2 powder to the engine and transmission for extra slip. The car seems to coast forever now, I plan on using the same powder on the wheel bearings when ever I change them.

GasSavers_WD40 05-10-2012 03:34 PM

Sorry posted that to fast and forgot to ad that the Canadian VX did not include the ELD as they all have DRL so It would never be needed.
So the Canadian and European VX's do not have the special reduced voltage function that USA has, so that is why the alt kill switch would be required to allow a approx 10% increase in MPG

add|ct 05-10-2012 04:19 PM

Interesting, I have a Canadian VX. Didn't know that difference existed in the ELD vs DRL setups. I also was 'supposed' to have Daytime running lights, but don't.

The MPG wasn't my question, I'm curious in regards to a used fluid analysis to see the wear trend in your engine using 0w-20/5w-20.

I too do not like the Factory HG fluid, as it's Friction Modifier package wears out easily making the gears notchy again. However, I use Amsoil's MTF. I suggested HG Type-II MTF b/c it's more like a 20, since that is what you are using. However, as you know, the FSM originally suggested 10w-30 or 10w-40 engine oil, before they even had HG MTF available. This is why your synchros, in part, are crappy today. Honda didn't address this problem for years, and then changed to saying only use motor oil for a short time if you can't use their MTF.

BTW, I've used MoS2 in a product from Liqui Moly/Lubro Moly in US; in engine oil but don't know about it's use in the M/T as it's all gearing and 'could' hurt the synchros. Not sure if that's the specific area there, but I wouldn't add a powder but rather something formulated that won't drop out of suspension. Another reason to get a Used Oil Analysis.

I suppose the reason my CAN make/VIN VX doesn't have the Daytime running lights is perhaps a previous wreck or deletion, I don't see the FSM's image of the 'resister'(IIRC?) in the location specified under the hood nor do I have functioning DRL, but it could still have the relay under the steering wheel fuse panel area?

Perhaps there is an off chance my VX was made for US though CAN VIN?

GasSavers_WD40 05-10-2012 04:53 PM

AFAIK all NA VX's were built in Canada hence the Cdn. VIN.
So chances are yours was destined for USA and didn't get the DRL
I did use MoS2 on my 07 Yaris then I read that MoS2 was corrosive so I went with WS2, the powder is a non issue as the particles are 99.9% Pure, 0.6 micron APS, they seem to stay suspended to me, and reanimate easily.
I'm not concerned about getting a Used Oil Analysis as the car is already 20 years old with 320,000 kilometers.. if it was new then I would be concerned.