GasTracker+ Showing US gallons - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 09-16-2014, 12:26 AM   #1
Registered Member

GasTracker+ Showing US gallons

Hi guys

I've been using Fuelly online for a couple of years now. I have recently seen notices on facebook about the latest versions of GasCubby. Now, being a fuelly user, GasCubby has no relevance to me until it's fully integrated with Fuelly and I can see my existing data in GasCubby. In the meantime, I downloaded the GasTracker+ app.

It pulls through my data (once I login) fine and shows me my vehicles history. However, when I chose to add a fuel up, I can only enter figures for:

Distance
Cost/ Gal
Gallons

Is there a UK equivalent setting on the app? Can I not enter litres purchased and cost per litre, like I can on the website, but still showing me miles per (UK) gallon on the dashboard?

Cheers

Paul

paulhossack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 04:55 AM   #2
Registered Member

The Unit preferences are set by the Fuelly profile, which I checked for your vehicles and it should not be asking for Gallons.

Can you try reinstalling the app? Or navigate to the Settings menu and log out, then log back in. After it's finished loading your data again, please try to add a fill-up and double check if the units are still incorrect.

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 03:28 AM   #3
Registered Member

I have the same issue, I have reinstalled the application (uninstall/install), also tried logout/login, I have set the metric settings but I can see:

on the main screen: AVG LAST and BEST 6.0 L/100km, and although the L/100km is what I wanted, it shows 6.0 in every field, while on the web page the BEST is 6.2, AVG is 6.8 so there is definately something wrong here.
When I want to add fuel info I have ODOMETER, COST/GAL. GALLONS so when I fill those up, I get incorrect results.

Seems like the iOS app isn't switching to the proper system after all...

EDIT: also when looking at the list of top-ups I can see how much gallons was fueled and also the price per gallon, not liter....
blesio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 04:57 PM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
The Unit preferences are set by the Fuelly profile, which I checked for your vehicles and it should not be asking for Gallons.

Can you try reinstalling the app? Or navigate to the Settings menu and log out, then log back in. After it's finished loading your data again, please try to add a fill-up and double check if the units are still incorrect.

I'm having the same issue too. Online profile is L/100km but the app is showing some things in L and other in MPG

Under my history is shows L/100km for 13.2L/100km. Under the fill ups (ex Sept 7 it shows 45.1Gal (which is L not G) and 1.47$/G but should be L.

When adding fuel up. It lists cost/Gal then Gallons.

In car info, it lists average/last/best in L/100Km. Total distanced tracked is in Miles (actually miles not KM like above). Under the price section it lists average price per gallon an d average price/mile.
ottx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 07:52 PM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blesio View Post
I have the same issue, I have reinstalled the application (uninstall/install), also tried logout/login, I have set the metric settings but I can see:

on the main screen: AVG LAST and BEST 6.0 L/100km, and although the L/100km is what I wanted, it shows 6.0 in every field, while on the web page the BEST is 6.2, AVG is 6.8 so there is definately something wrong here.
When I want to add fuel info I have ODOMETER, COST/GAL. GALLONS so when I fill those up, I get incorrect results.

Seems like the iOS app isn't switching to the proper system after all...

EDIT: also when looking at the list of top-ups I can see how much gallons was fueled and also the price per gallon, not liter....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottx View Post
I'm having the same issue too. Online profile is L/100km but the app is showing some things in L and other in MPG

Under my history is shows L/100km for 13.2L/100km. Under the fill ups (ex Sept 7 it shows 45.1Gal (which is L not G) and 1.47$/G but should be L.

When adding fuel up. It lists cost/Gal then Gallons.

In car info, it lists average/last/best in L/100Km. Total distanced tracked is in Miles (actually miles not KM like above). Under the price section it lists average price per gallon an d average price/mile.
This is strange. I checked each of your profiles as well as vehicle preferences and all checks out.

What version of iOS and what device are each of you using please?
Old 09-23-2014, 08:11 PM   #6
Registered Member

iOS 8 and iPhone 5s
Old 09-23-2014, 08:15 PM   #7
Registered Member

Our Developer is looking into this. It appears he was already made aware of iOS8 not displaying the L/100km stats correctly.
He says it's a relatively easy fix and will be resolved with the next update soon.

Thank you for your patience!
Old 09-23-2014, 09:04 PM   #8
Registered Member

Thanks for the info.

But please also fix the input in iOS 8, it also shows gallons instead of liters.
Old 09-24-2014, 12:26 PM   #9
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
This is strange. I checked each of your profiles as well as vehicle preferences and all checks out.

What version of iOS and what device are each of you using please?
IOS 8.0 and iPhone 6.

I also noticed under logs it is slightly messed up.

It lists 45.1 Gal (which is really 45.1 L)

Trip distance is 211 which is miles. Which should list 337 KM.

1.47$/Gal = should be 1.47$/L

lists 13.2L/100km which is correct.

Will wait for next release of software!
ottx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 08:53 PM   #10
Registered Member

Me too... Same problem.. The App displays only in 'Gallons, Miles, MPG'

While the data on the site accurately shows 'Litres, Kilometres, kmpl', the syncing with the App goes for a toss due to the inflexibility in the App.

Time to update the App. Frankly speaking, a great website is being spoiled by an inflexible App.