Lost all my data - Please help - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > iOS | Fuelly Mobile
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 10-02-2014, 09:31 PM   #21
Registered Member

Angry Request for update

:Andy/Robert/Josh/Hired programmer,
Please can you let me know if you have an update on the status of my backup data?

Andy, I have left several messages on your voicemail & have not received a response.

EmGe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 09:47 PM   #22
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmGe View Post
:Andy/Robert/Josh/Hired programmer,
Please can you let me know if you have an update on the status of my backup data?

Andy, I have left several messages on your voicemail & have not received a response.
I'll touch base with Andy and Josh in the morning to see if we have an update.

I understand your frustration and truly appreciate your patience.

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 06:55 AM   #23
Site Team

EmGe I just replied via email. It looks like there is a very limited case that is causing sync to not working for a very small amount of users. Out of 109,000 users who have used sync only about 500 that have synced in 2014 are showing signs that their account MIGHT have an issue.

We are going to release an update which will provide a backup method to upload an entire SLQLite backup to our server with a link to download to your hard drive. We will email our users with information about this once it's ready.

To fix any syncing issues we are focusing our resources on v3 which will sync in a totally different manner with Fuelly.com. It will not have any of these issues.

I know how bad it feels to loose data, it's happened to me too. As I mentioned my wife pressed the wrong button on her iPhone and we lost the video of our daughters first steps. It stings. I hope you will continue to use Gas Cubby, once we have Fuelly integrated it's going to be a much more robust product.
andyrobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 12:47 PM   #24
Registered Member

Is it known what may cause someone to be in the "500" that MIGHT have an issue. I have a 4S, am still on IOS 7, and still on version 2.5. Just wondering if there is anything I can do to minimize the risk of being one of the potential "500" with an issue. I have data entered for 4 of my vehicles all the way back to 2007 and do not want to lose what I have. I am very much looking forward to being able to access my data on the web.
RayMAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 05:05 PM   #25
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayMAnderson View Post
Is it known what may cause someone to be in the "500" that MIGHT have an issue. I have a 4S, am still on IOS 7, and still on version 2.5. Just wondering if there is anything I can do to minimize the risk of being one of the potential "500" with an issue. I have data entered for 4 of my vehicles all the way back to 2007 and do not want to lose what I have. I am very much looking forward to being able to access my data on the web.
Ray,

We have a new update for Gas Cubby coming out soon which has a link to backup your entire SQLite database. I would consider waiting and simply upgrade to that version when it comes out. Your data is not at risk with the upgrade, it does not touch the database, it's powered off the exact same database.

I'd also run the sync, it's working for 99.5% of folks. If you want, we can help you test by adding one of our test devices to your account and then syncing the data over to our phone to make sure it's working fine. If you want us to test for you, please contact support at fuelly.com.

The SQLite backup is the best way to ensure you have a backup. So running that from the new version is really the best way to ensure you have a solid backup. Another way to get a SQLite backup is to run the iTunes backup and then pull the SQLite file from the backup.

Regards,

Andy

andyrobo is offline   Reply With Quote