Hyosung GV250 Aquila Review - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > Motorcycles
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 11-29-2007, 07:09 PM   #11
Registered Member

What the heck do they make bike engines out of that going to 30, 60, or 80k miles w/o a rebuild is good, butter? Almost makes me wanna use one only for splitting traffic...

omgwtfbyobbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 08:14 PM   #12

If you ask some of my buddies that have been riding since the 60s they still say jap bikes are crap and only american bikes are worth anything. Kind of depends on your point of view on these things I guess.

I know that 250 is a very impressive bike and I would have no trouble using it as a daily driver, as a matter of fact she has been using it as a daily driver instead of her corolla and it has over 5000 miles on it now It is parked for the winter now. Still hasn't had the first problem out of it but it is very smooth and comfortable now that it is getting broke in good. She gets 65mpg going 75mph on the interstate and if she is easy on it it gets way better mileage. The top speed now that it is broke in good is faster than me on my dr650.

Motorcycle engine life is one of those things I always think is goofy, people are happy with a bike that can only make it 20k miles before it needs rebuilt. I know the DR is not a fast bike but it has a very tough engine and should be able to make it to at least 100k before having to be messed with. The hyosung 250 engine seems very solid to me as well. After all hyosung made a lot of engines for the jap brands for the last 30 years. From seeing it run I would say it can get an easy 50k before needing rebuilt. A bike engine is usually much smaller than a car engine but putting out the same hp. The engines are pushed pretty hard and that shows in the expected life of the engines. I have almost 30 years of motorcycle experience so I have had my share of crappy bikes as well as some I still have in the back of my garage that still run as good as new.

If you want to see something nice look at the 30th anniversary gv650 coming out this summer.

Some people offend easily when their favorite brand has new competition that is stronger and better. Competition is a good thing it makes everyone have to improve their offerings. Me personally I have no loyalty to any brand since I think it is nonsense. The brands you own have no loyalty to you and don't care anything about you other than you buy their products. So who cares if you like american, jap, korean, or whatever none of them care anything about you. I have friends who are die hard ford/chevy people and will buy nothing but that brand and I never could figure out why they care so much about something that has nothing to do with them personally, it just seems strange to me I guess because I never was a good consumer/sheep. I buy based on quality and if the thing I want fits what I plan to do with it well.

I still think it is funny seeing people bash a bike they have never seen or rode in person and probably haven't heard of before now. I guess being afraid of trying anything new isn't anything unique with motorcycles and is just a way of life for some people.

CoyoteX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 06:29 PM   #13
Registered Member

The new Hyosung 250's are boasting 112 mpg.

GasSavers_deadhead is offline   Reply With Quote