New Test Cell and why is HHO a pariah? - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 02-07-2014, 03:02 PM   #11
Registered Member

I do agree, it is a subject that has tumbled on for years, I have even seen the interview with Stan meyer on the programme ghosted by a. C. Clark..... Which certainly dates it. He predicted 3 years.... And in all that time, I still have not found anyone creating a standard and then a set of test results based on the standard...... How can any impressions let alone conclusions.

I have seen new electronics connected to a new cell and also a new catalyst...... Where can any advancement come from that. So, I shall have created a standard test cell, standard electronics and a standard water composition.

Then one by one, each one can be calibrated.
Down to data capture and even specific reactance values for the cell. Maybe the capacitive and inductive values have an effect?

I certainly hope that by providing such detailed accurate results, regardless of conclusion, but just the act of accurately reporting the data I'll actually be fresh research. :-)
But maybe here, and with the help of the forum, we can complete the data logging.

I wonder, if I were to work out a set of measurement criteria, and possibly made some raspberry pi and arduino monitor sets if I could send them to a few forum members so we have a wider range of test data..... Will have to work out how to do that.... And be able to afford it.....
Possibly if I design a system that fits into a small box and send them to the first group of people. Would they know others who they could send them to?....

Maybe it is time to wake up a tired subject in the name of facts.

TheMadProfessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:04 PM   #12
Registered Member

And sorry for another long post, and typos, am on my phone

Old 02-07-2014, 03:06 PM   #13
Registered Member

And the right people are those who read posts this long......
Old 02-13-2014, 05:02 PM   #14
dnt
Registered Member

Lets get this done man I have a need for some fuel savings. Will it work on my 2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab SLT 4x4 5.3 355hp gas engine with direct injection variable valve timing and Active Fuel Management? I would like to get around 50 mpg please. What is your schedule for complete results???
dnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 05:44 PM   #15
Site Team / Moderator

You're not going to get a Sierra to get 50 MPG. Not gonna happen. If you're lucky and you drive it right you may hit 30 on the highway. Plus, HHO is risky. If not done properly you can damage your engine. If you dealer figures out that you were running HHO, the warranty will be void.

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 05:05 AM   #16
Registered Member

Sorry to take so long to get back into the discussion. I don't know if the professor is still following this or not, but here's an illustrative anecdote.

While doing fleet tests of tires for a major tire manufacturer, I became aware that driving around the city (as opposed to driving between cities) caused tires to wear faster. I had evidence in the form of those fleet tests, but there was never any apples to apples tests - there was always a banana in there somewhere. I couldn't get anyone in the company interested in getting a controlled test - apples to apples - because it wasn't going to add anything beneficial to the company.

So while fringe ideas are great discussion points, unless there is some advantage, it isn't likely to get researched.

HHO is one of those things where it just doesn't make sense - unless we are talking about hydrogen as a fuel. That's why it hasn't been researched much

A side thought: I wonder if the following isn't true for HHO. Many great ideas don't turn out - and the research is never published because there was nothing positive to publish.

Visit my web site: www.BarrysTireTech.com
CapriRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 08:52 AM   #17
Registered Member

There has been considerable research over the years concerning the use of hydrogen as a motor fuel. Hydrogen, by weight, is about the highest energy fuel available. But there are problems. The primary one is that hydrogen is not found in any quantity as a free element - it is always combined with something else and has to be separated out. That separation requires more energy than is gotten back when the hydrogen is burned.

Hydrogen is very difficult to store in usable quantities as a motor fuel. It will not condense into a liquid unless it is cryogenically cold, and stored as a compressed gas it requires quite heavy tanks. There has been much experimenting to overcome this problem, and the best solution I have heard about is zeolites. Even then, it requires several atmospheres of pressure to work.

When used as a gaseous fuel in internal combustion engines, it detonates severely. That requires exhaust gas recirculation to reduce the oxygen content, which adds complexity and reduces efficiency. I'm not sure, but I don't think it will ignite in a compression-ignition engine (diesel) unless there is an oil pilot injection to light the fire.

Okay, folks. The information is out there. All you have to do is look for it.
Charon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 11:43 AM   #18
Registered Member

Now I think about it, perhaps the most spectacular use of hydrogen as a fuel is the now-retired space shuttle. The three rocket engines on the shuttle were fueled by hydrogen and oxygen, stored in liquid form in the main tank beneath the orbiter. The foam insulation on that main tank was required to keep the fuels cold enough to remain liquid.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:51 AM   #19
dnt
Registered Member

I will bite, where is mads data? I have an older vehicle that needs to be getting 100 mpg so lets GIT UR DUN
dnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 03:58 PM   #20
Registered Member

I was actually reading the history of the Hindenburg, and found http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timelin...n_technologies which shows just how long hydrogen has been studied.