Custom Vehicle Listing Concerns - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Fuelly Web Support and Community News
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 07-03-2014, 01:35 PM   #21
Registered Member

Hi chaps, a week or so ago I requested my car, a 2013 Clio be added to the database. This was done, with thanks. Obviously my car wont show for a couple of fuel ups, but when I click on "show all" a car that matches mine, perhaps a test vehicle? Apparently owned by RobertV shows. Just letting you know, incase it causes future problems. Link:

http://www.fuelly.com/car/renault/cl...RobertV/297759

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 08:26 PM   #22
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draigflag View Post
Hi chaps, a week or so ago I requested my car, a 2013 Clio be added to the database. This was done, with thanks. Obviously my car wont show for a couple of fuel ups, but when I click on "show all" a car that matches mine, perhaps a test vehicle? Apparently owned by RobertV shows. Just letting you know, incase it causes future problems. Link:

http://www.fuelly.com/car/renault/cl...RobertV/297759
LOL. Yes. A test vehicle to make sure when I added yours it was working.

I need to remember to filter my test vehicles. The other day we dug up a 999999999999(+/- a digit) mile fill-up. Caused all kinds of trouble. Gotta love that erroneous MPG though.

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:49 PM   #23
Registered Member

Haha oops!

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 06:29 AM   #24
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
When you Edit your vehicle (Edit Vehicle-> Edit Type), please select "C-Max" from the drop down menu.
Attachment 1580

Alternatively, for those looking to add the vehicle for the first time-
Attachment 1581

Selecting the vehicle this way will prevent (or remove) it from being classified as "custom" from Old Fuelly's standpoint.

Happy Tracking!
I am glad that the drop down menu has the Energi option now. However, when browsing vehicles with that filter selection, there are still a lot of regular C-Max Hybrid models mixed in with the Energis. And the descriptions of those cars seem to be correct showing C_Max Hybrid...
Looser71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 06:16 AM   #25
Registered Member

I edited my vehicle type with Model Golf and Sub Model R, but the link to compare to similar vehicles goes to all Golfs, not just Golf R. In the old Fuelly, the comparison was to other Golf R vehicles.

Plus, when I list all VWs, "R" is not available:
JeanVW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 02:21 PM   #26
Registered Member

I put in a request a few weeks back to add back in the Yamaha XJ6 that was removed in the site update. Current model and has been since 2009. It's still not been added

For reference there are sub models XJ6N, XJ6S & XJ6F which are the Naked, part faired and fully faired versions.

It's a shame it's taking so long to add back in totally legitimate models that now don't exist apparently.
Dav3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 03:23 PM   #27
Registered Member

I'm very disappointed that the breakdown of models by so much minutia has totally screwed up seein' all of a particular model's membership in one fell swoop!

Mulski's suggested drop down (and get down) menus would kick butt. Please do this! Anyway, you can't expect anyone to list EVERY mod done to a vehicle? With a 1983 Alfa Romeo GTV6 bought new and currently showing 462,946 verifiable (s)miles on the odometer, it'd be much easier to list what is stock!!!

I am very pleased with the new look and "feel" of the web site. Bravo! But please, work out the obvious bugs to make it the all-around best!

Always drive/ride with a smile per mile.

Ciao

Mulski wrote:

What happened to the Motorcyle listings...? Suggest rather than specify the specific model from a single list, why not go with a manufacturer drop down, which then filters to the model type. This will be easier to manage and search as well. Especially given your existing list is ridiculously small.

One other item of feedback, the 'total tracked miles' in the vehicle type is in a white font against a cream background, making it virtually impossible to see.
4and2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 11:21 PM   #28
Registered Member

One month in and still no visible progress... I've put in a 'new vehicle' request for the Toyota Yaris Hybrid in the hope that it wakes somebody up! Your European users are losing hope!
gdenbyUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 11:52 PM   #29
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav3y View Post
I put in a request a few weeks back to add back in the Yamaha XJ6 that was removed in the site update. Current model and has been since 2009. It's still not been added

For reference there are sub models XJ6N, XJ6S & XJ6F which are the Naked, part faired and fully faired versions.

It's a shame it's taking so long to add back in totally legitimate models that now don't exist apparently.
I've been going through the requests this past week. Motorcycles require much more research than Car/Trucks. So many different submodels/names.
I went ahead and added the XJ6's for you. Should be visible at this time.

For the record, for anyone else reading through this... it's not that Fuelly thinks the hidden models don't exist. It's just many of the user-inputted vehicles that didn't exactly match our database/listing of vehicle (as manufacturers listed them) as well as many non-US model vehicles were left in limbo per se, and deemed "Custom" until clarification/editing by the Fuelly Driver (or in this case, us to move things along) to be sorted correctly and visible in the Browse Vehicles section.

We're getting through it, and we appreciate everyone's patience while we do.

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote