2014 Toyota Corolla LE - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-04-2016, 04:39 PM   #21
Registered Member

Just an update if anybody looking.
I'm up over 40mpg with this car in daily driving. Check my page. (about to fill up again) Much of this accomplished with E0 gas that I create a mid grade out of Regular and Premium.
It is so nice to drive 400+ miles on a tank in daily driving. A good 18 days without fooling with a gas pump. On my last fill up. I could have gone a full three weeks. Didn't though...other reasons. I know pushing it with the tank low creates better mileage also.
I still haven't gotten the new tires yet. Itching to...just to keep mileage increasing. hehe
I'm very very happy with this car. Falling in love with it.

This is just one good example of paying attention to mileage. Don't have to obsess endlessly. Just some good consideration. I could, without any thought whatsoever, be getting 30+mpg. Look at my page. Shows what can easily be done.

Old 06-05-2016, 12:10 AM   #22
Registered Member

Good for you, we need to educate people into driving more sensibly, it will save fuel, cut emissions and save money too. It's not difficult, it just takes skill and patience. Its good having a long range isn't it? I've averaged over 700 miles per tank now, my last tank lasted about 5 weeks or so.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 03:25 AM   #23
Registered Member

It would be nice if more people learned and applied some easy steps to fuel economy. I know it was just a small thought in my mind when I came here. Give a little consideration for fuel economy.
Yes, it is so nice to go 'long range'. I was just realizing. Instead of 300 miles to a tank. I'm getting 400+. That's 100 miles on a tank of gas.
I'm sure your Clio is generally about a ten gallon tank? Ten, maybe a little more is what I fill up on mine. Gee... If all cars were higher mileage like that. The Oil industry would have a big problem.
I admit I'm paying a little more for gas. My 100+ miles isn't free. The no ethanol cost a little more. I'd say 40 of that is due to driving habits and free. Even then, my car is running better. I'm confident it's in better shape and will last longer because of that.
In my wildest dreams, I might end up with as good as 45? I know, after the tires. Should be somewhere closer to that than 40. I'm about to post an expected over 40 today.
Old 06-06-2016, 05:40 AM   #24
LDB
Registered Member

I wish ethanol free was available near me. I'd like to see how much better mpg I'd get with it. One significant factor in higher mpg is not using the brakes. Most drivers use their brakes way more than they have to because they don't leave a large gap to the next car that allows lifting and coasting rather than braking. That means they slow down more and then obviously use more fuel getting back up to speed from a slower point.

LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 03:56 PM   #25
Registered Member

I goofed.... only 38mpg....
Only thing I can think of. Filled up at a different station. Pump stronger. Really had to watch myself to barely pull to end the fill. I'll see next time. This station is the cheapest in town. A few cents less than the other one I was using.

My computer does say 41.1.... last tank it said 40.1 ..... ??? It's usually pretty good about being about one mpg high???