"Overview" of vehicle make - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Fuelly Web Support and Community News
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 08-21-2014, 03:41 PM   #1
Registered Member

"Overview" of vehicle make

In another venue, the question was asked about expected fuel mileage for the Cam-Am Spyder. I was going to post a link to that page on Fuelly, until I looked at it. There are 23 models listed for the Spyder, including at least a couple of duplicates. There is an "RS" listed, as well as a "Spyder RS." There are some listed with the audio and convenience package, and some without. As it happens until 2014 there was only one engine and two transmissions available for all Spyders. I would like a way to look at ALL Spyders as a group, and cannot find one. This might also be handy for other makers.

Charon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 05:19 PM   #2
Registered Member

If you recall until recently many of the motorcycles were hidden from view. We were trying to sort them and clean up the mess left by Old Fuelly (duplicate models, incorrect classifications, etc). However, it's a very time-consuming process and based on the comments here on the Forums and on Social Media outlets, the vast majority wanted to "see" their vehicle as it was before (on Old Fuelly).
In an effort to appease the majority, we resorted to how Old Fuelly was, with everything being visible. However, this left us in the same boat we started in, with many models that are in need of reclassification.
We do still plan on cleaning it up, but are working on a new approach that will work best for everyone.
Unfortunately, I do not have a timeframe as to when this major project will be completed, but it's on the top of my list of tasks to be completed much sooner rather than later!

Thanks for the feedback!

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 05:58 AM   #3
Registered Member

At present (as you no doubt know) browsing vehicles brings up a list of makers, with a sublist of models beneath. Clicking on a model brings up a page with the average mileage in a graph below. Then "filters" can be applied to select engine, body style, and so on. Perhaps the system could be rearranged to show only the maker. Clicking on that would bring up the whole slew of models in one graphic. Then the first filter selection could be model, followed by the filters for engine and so forth. This would be a real mess for large makers such as Ford, where mileages vary from single digits for big pickups to thirties and forties for small models like the Focus. But for makers who only produce a few basic models (I am thinking of the Can-am Spyder) it might be more useful. Even that couldn't protect against users who list their particular model as a make - eg, someone who lists a Suzuki LS650 as the make "Savage" instead of a model of Suzuki.
Charon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 05:30 AM   #4
Registered Member

I'll pass this along and we'll see what can be implemented! Thanks for the suggestions!
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote