aCar-Fuelly features - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 07-28-2014, 08:19 PM   #1
Registered Member

aCar-Fuelly features

I've been 'kicking-the-tires'(pun intended) of the aCar Android app for a few months now and like what I see.

I really don't use the fueling-features(for now?). However, I am more interested in service/expense, parts, and vehicle-details.

I have since purchased the Pro(unlocker) since I want to take better advantage of back-up/restore features to the cloud.

Will the pending(?) integration of these aforementioned aCar features provide the ability to push/sync-up from my PDA, make modifications on the Fuelly website and then sync back to my PDA ?

thanks in advance,
~~Robb

pitarobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:19 AM   #2
Registered Member

Yes. That is the intended function once we fully integrate aCar with Fuelly.

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:29 AM   #3
Registered Member

I bought aCar as well, but switched to an iPhone last week. Is it possible to export my data from aCar to an iPhone app? It looks like both GasCubby and GasTracker+ don't have any import options, and I keep getting errors while trying to import my exported csv to fuelly.com (after editing the csv to meet the fuelly guidelines).

The error I get is
Quote:
Your car has odometer tracking set, but no odometer heading in your CSV file.
Gwystyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 05:22 AM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwystyl View Post
I bought aCar as well, but switched to an iPhone last week. Is it possible to export my data from aCar to an iPhone app? It looks like both GasCubby and GasTracker+ don't have any import options, and I keep getting errors while trying to import my exported csv to fuelly.com (after editing the csv to meet the fuelly guidelines).

The error I get is
Correct that GasCubby doesn't currently have an import feature.
GasTracker doesn't need an import feature since it pulls the data directly from Fuelly.com
Import the CSV to Fuelly, and you'll see it on GasTracker.

How were you tracking on aCar? By inputting the Odometer or the number of miles traveled between fill-ups (Trip Meter)?

If the latter, then Edit your vehicle to Trip Meter tracking. If you were tracking by Odometer, can you copy/paste the first 2-3 lines of your CSV file here?
Old 07-30-2014, 05:35 AM   #5
Registered Member

I was tracking by odometer, that's why I was surprised it wasn't working. Here are a few lines of my csv:

odometer,litres,price,city_percentage,fuelup_date, tags,notes,missed_fuelup,partial_fuelup
208065,58.880,1.38,25,11-7-2014,,Auto 1127.0 km / 58.1 l / 5.1 l/100km / 73,4 km/h,0,0
206937,62.890,1.41,30,1-7-2014,,Auto 62.2 l / 5.1 l/100km / 74.1 km/h,0,0
205731,63.810,1.41,25,25-6-2014,,Auto 62.4 l / 5.1 l/100km / 68.5 km/h,0,0

These are the steps I took from exporting from aCar to importing to Fuelly.com: http://www.fuelly.com/forums/showpos...11&postcount=2

I've also tried to export from Fuelly.com and directly import it again. That worked, but as soon as I added any of my fuelups, I got the same error.

I've tried both with and without the collumn 'km' between odometer and litres.

Please let me know if I can do anything to reproduce and fix this. I still have my Android phone with aCar, so I can check some things there too.
Gwystyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 06:17 AM   #6
Registered Member

Hm. Send me the entire CSV file to support@fuelly.com so I can take a look/test the import, please.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:35 AM   #7
Registered Member

I've been using acar pretty much since I got my android phone. I really like the app and I appreciate that it is a standalone app that does not require creating an account on yet another public internet type service. I hope that remains true.

Fuelly seems like it might be interested, but I really do NOT want to be required to use it in order to continue to use acar.

Thanks for listening,
Mike

and yes I realize I had to create yet another account to post to this forum, the irony isn't lost on me! :-)

mlippert is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sync