Gas Cubby Data Recovery... - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 08-29-2014, 11:06 AM   #11
Registered Member

So I am just **** Out of Luck, Eh? No support for a product I paid for?

RacerBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:55 PM   #12
Registered Member

Sorry about the frustration RacerBear. Josh has been working the past few weeks on the GasCubby sync database in an attempt to tame that beast.

I'll follow up with him and see if there's any update.

Thank you for your patience!

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 06:01 AM   #13
Registered Member

No rush, it's not like it's been a month yet. (four more days actually...)
Old 09-16-2014, 05:44 AM   #14
Registered Member

Okay, so it's been over a month and still no resolution to this problem. I will be making note of it on rating of the application in the App Store and online. There is no support for this product. I will also make note on the Android store for the A Car and other apps Fuelly purchased that I own as well. It is disappointing as prior to the Fuelly purchase, these apps were quite useful and well supported.
Old 09-16-2014, 06:57 AM   #15
Site Team

RacerBear, I own Fuelly and we do really want to help you. Josh is on vacation so I can't get the info you shared with him via PM. So I'd like to review and ask some specific questions to make sure I understand what's going on. Thanks for your patience as I know it's wearing thin now.

1) You have purchased the paid version of Gas Cubby from the App Store.
2) You never setup the sync system to save your data from your device to the server
3) One day you "did an update" and then launched Gas Cubby and all the data was missing, it was asking you to set up like a new user.

So far this is an accurate recap, right?

Can you tell me more about "update" that you did? Was this an iOS update? A Gas Cubby app update or what? The more info about this the better we might be able to help you.

You mentioned you restored the files from a backup. Can you tell me more about the backup? How was the backup made? Was this a regular backup made through iTunes/iCloud?

Are you running the exact same version of Gas Cubby as before the update and after the update? What version are you running now and what version were you running before the update?

You said you have files from the com.appcubby.gascubbyfram directory. How did you access that directory? The fram directory is only used on the free version of Gas Cubby. Have you tried to install the free version of Gas Cubby and then push the data to the paid version (per the required steps in the FAQs)?

What version iPhone are you using? Is your iPhone rooted or jailbroken in anyway?

-------------------------------------------

FYI - Regarding your intent to leave negative ratings, please keep in mind we have hundreds of thousands of users. In the past year we have not had a single mention of a similar error. YOU did not setup the sync system to save your data off your phone, this is what it's for. I understand your frustration but It's not cool to go around bashing app developers when the scope of the request is certainly outside of normal scope of support. We'll still try to help you out even though you made those threats but it's really sad that people act this way to try and ruin someones reputation when you could have just synced your data.
andyrobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:19 AM   #16
Registered Member

You are correct in what you stated, however my iPhone is not rooted or jailbroken.

The backup was from iTunes to computer, and was one that included applications. I have several as I do them almost every other day. It was an operating system update that occurred.

For some reason, my phone has both free and regular and even though I delete one, it keeps coming back. The directory that had a sizable storage was the cubbyfram, so that's I might have been using the free one instead of the paid one. Under documents I have Tripdb.sqlite3 and tripped.upgrade.bak.sqlite3, under Library/Preferences I have com.appcubby.gascuppyfram.plist.

Now, I will admit there is a DEU problem here (Defective End User) as I didn't make sure I had the syncing turned on, and might have been using the wrong version, however, I also believe it should not take me a month to find out, "you're toast, the data isn't there" or "we need time to recover it" or "there is no way to recover" or at least something.

The one thing I know is for sure, the data is not online as the sync'ing isn't setup.

If the data is stored on the phone, where is it usually stored? i can look at a backup or even search the phone to see if it's still there somewhere.
Old 09-17-2014, 10:38 AM   #17
Site Team

I'll have to pass on your question about data storage to our app developer (Josh) but he's been slammed busy the past month working on v3 and more recently shifted his attention to getting a v2.6 out so Gas Cubby will work on iOS7 and iOS8. Basically his time is very scarce but I will try to find out about where the data is stored as soon as possible.

In the meantime, I would suggest to try and install the free version of Gas Cubby and then move over your backed up files. The Free version has been out for 18 months without any data model changes so hopefully that would work. If it does, then you need to push the data from Free to paid using the information found in the support documents:
http://www.fuelly.com/gascubby/suppo...by.html#___2__

If that does not work, reply back and I'll see ask our developer what else we can try.
andyrobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 08:58 AM   #18
Registered Member

As I explained earlier in this thread, and again to him, restoring the data Gas Cubby Free just crashes on opening.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:18 PM   #19
Registered Member

I am having the same issue I was able to use backup extractor to pull the the tripdb.sqlite3 file
from com.appcubby.gascubbyfram. I tried using phone explorer to replace the db, but it always crashes after I replace it. Also tried to extract the raw data from the sqlite3 file using a few readers, but it appears to be encrypted.

Is there any way to get the data from the db and into fuelly
winklebleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 04:59 AM   #20
Registered Member

Well, tell Josh he needs to make a little time for a simple answer. It's been almost two months now.