2015 Ford Fusion - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 10-18-2014, 07:59 AM   #1
Registered Member

2015 Ford Fusion

When entering the information about the Ford Fusion there should;
A) Be three different models available. Fusion (gas only models), Fushion Hybrid and Fusion Energi. Even though both the hybrid and energi are are combination gas and electric models, they work in such a different way they are a very different car.
B) Or have check boxes in the submodel drop down menu. This way a correct listing can be accomplished manually.
C) Or have a gas/electric motor (hybrid) and a gas/electric-plugin motor in the Engine Type drop down menu.

As it stands now it's not possible to get a legitimate overall mpg for the hybrid because of the high mpg of the Energi model that has to be left in the list. Okay, so these little things bug me. It's part of being a stat freak.

Firehawk251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 03:38 PM   #2
Registered Member

Since all Fusions are listed as one type of vehicle and cannot be properly sorted due to;
1) There is no way to separate the Hybrid & Energi models (that are entirely different automobiles).
2) You can only segregate the Hybrid SE and exclude the Hybrid Titanium (same thing with the Energi model.
Not to mention the fact that when the information on a Hybrid or Energi vehicle is entered, you're able to enter a 2.0L gas engine when it should only allow a 2.0L Electric/Gas engine to be entered.
Anyway, I figured I would give real stats (as close as i could because the gallon column should be three decimals long) as of 10/29.

Hybrid:
5 Cars, 10081.3 miles, 226.43 gal. of gas used, 44.52 mpg
Energi:
2 Cars, 3037.5 miles, 38.42 gal. of gas used, 79.06 mpg
Combined: 49.53 mpg

Old 12-06-2014, 03:58 AM   #3
Registered Member

12/6/2015 Fushion Hybrid only update.

11 Cars - 26243.75 miles - 629.89 gal. - 41.66 mpg

Fuelly shows only two decimals for gallons, so the total gallons used is not totally accurate.
Other things that throw off calculations;
Fuelly shows one fuel up as 48.99 mpg (327 miles, 7.43 gal).
A fuel up listed at 74.07 mpg (634 miles, 8.56 gal.). If this is correct could the owner please let me know how it's done. I would love to get that mileage. Thank you.
A fuel up that list 470.15 miles. If this is correct could the owner please let me know where I can find mileage listed to the 100th of a mile. Thank you. (Maybe it's done using a scan gauge.)

The average mpg has dropped by almost 3 mpg in just over a month. In my case the colder temperatures are taking its toll.