Class leading pickup truck - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 04-23-2014, 10:54 PM   #11
Registered Member

The majority of pick ups sold here are Isuzu, Mitsubishi, Toyota, Ford and a few VW too. All diesel powered of course, gas powered trucks, vans or any commercial vehicle are non existent.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 11:28 PM   #12
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
I'm turned off of Isuzu. Even if it was offered here I wouldn't want it. My wife's Isuzu Rode was poorly built with shoddy materials and bad engineering. Isuzu kept issuing recalls (probably forced by the NHTSA) but NOT honoring them. Even if they have improved I would not be ready to trust them.

If it is indeed a badge-engineered GM, which is pretty likely, I'd still be hesitant...not only will it be subject to Isuzu's post-sale service and support, but as much as I'm a GM fan I think they've been slipping in the past few years.
Here in Thailand the Isuzu is a real winner ... I have the 3Ltr 4*4 called the V-Cross (Auto 5-speed). Now over 40K Kms in two years and no problems at all.

The fuel consumption has been pretty good, getting 16-18K/Ltr on a run, mind you that's driving at about 80-85Km/Hr.

I've recently blanked the EGR and although it is much smoother and quicker in the 800-2000rpm range it seems to be using more fuel. A lot of the last tankful was in Bangkok traffic and only I got 12.4Km/Ltr .

I have just changed from Shell Fuel Save Diesel to Shell V Power Nitro Diesel (this costs here just under 33Baht/Ltr). Fuel Save is just under 30 Baht/Ltr. Also I have just changed the oil to Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel For Pickups 5W-40. Will see how things go.

By the way the Colorado has a different engine and also a different Auto Gearbox (it's 6 speed)

JAS21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 04:55 AM   #13
Registered Member

We will be getting a 2.5L diesel with the new one coming out in the fall here.
trollbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:33 AM   #14
Registered Member

Lets hope it has the manual transmision so at least you have a chance of getting decent fuel economy.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:02 AM   #15
Registered Member

Why is it you can't get a truck with a small diesel? Most people do not need to pull a house, but would like the MPG.
papajack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 06:58 PM   #16
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by papajack View Post
Why is it you can't get a truck with a small diesel? Most people do not need to pull a house, but would like the MPG.
You can, you just have to live somewhere that is not the USA - Ford in Australia offer a 2.2L Diesel Ranger: http://www.ford.com.au/commercial/ra...s/spec-options
Or you could but the 2.2L Mahindra from India - http://www.mahindra.com.au/auto/en_A...specifications

And in the UK, Ford offer the 2.2L Transit. But the old days of small utes in the 90's have gone.
TK428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 07:50 PM   #17
Registered Member

If you lived in Bangkok you wouldn't want a manual, unless you are a masochist! I bought the Isuzu V-Cross 3Ltr 4*4 Auto (in 2012)to use instead of a car. A 520d, which I previously had here is the UK equivalent of 100,000GBP. The truck was equivalent of 20,000GPB and the view from up there is really good and it takes potholes in it's stride.

Since blanking the EGR I don't get a good fuel consumption but it feels much nicer in the up to 2000ish rev range. Prior to blanking I could get 20Km/Ltr if I drove at about 80Km/hr.

No problems in 45000Kms ... well made ... reasonable ride ... am considering removing a leaf from the rear springs to soften it further.

JAS21 is offline   Reply With Quote