2013 Nissan Sentra SR- First Impressions - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 04-23-2014, 05:55 PM   #1
Registered Member

2013 Nissan Sentra SR- First Impressions

I traded in a '13 Hyundai Veloster (I bought new Dec. 2013) on a new '13 Sentra SR with the Nav. package and Driver's package. It is a little premature to rate this car with roughly 380 miles on the clock and only one fill-up. Here is the list of my likes. I hope this helps others considering a compact sedan in the future.
1.) The Sentra rides like a mini Town Car. Highway ride is butter smooth and can only imagine how it will ride with a set of Michelins on it.
2.) Very roomy. The front is a little snug but I'm 6'2" and 255 lbs. The back seat is silly large for a compact sedan!
3.) Gas mileage is AWESOME!!!! Engine isn't broke in yet, tire pressures at 32 psi and driving at a pretty quick pace and yet I averaged 35.6 mpg. Dang Hyundai didn't do that well until it had well over 7,000 miles.
4.) Stereo, back-up camera and comfy seats are of unbelievable quality. No joking around, I am very pleased and surprised with this car!
5.) Don't read the poor press on this car and say "No way. Motor Trend says it sucks. Car and Driver rated it nearly last in it's comparison so I will pass..." Those guys drive their test cars like I drive rental cars. I abuse them just because I don't own them. A Civic may handle better, a Forte may look better and the Mazda 3 combines all of the above for a smash hit. But you will not get a deal on those cars. I know, I drove all of them and the Sentra SR was the best buy - hands down!!!
Okay, that is my first impression and as the miles rack up, I will make future reports. Cheers!

MaximumMiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 02:01 PM   #2
Registered Member

Well, I thought I needed to make an update to my original post. Still loving the Sentra. My wife enjoys it and on the highway it is a cruising champ!!! A little over 9K miles and averaging 36.6 mpgs with a best of 42.6 mpg. Love this little gem of a sedan.

MaximumMiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 07:33 PM   #3
Registered Member

Sounds like you got just what you wanted and are happy with it. Thanks for sharing!
HighDesertMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 05:34 PM   #4
Out of Fuel

I was also considering this car before I got my Leaf. Its bigger and more comfortable, it just that I had a good package with my leaf.
kartwell is offline   Reply With Quote