New Fuelly Design - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 05-21-2011, 12:22 PM   #1
pb

New Fuelly Design

The new design is live!

As you may have seen in the last couple weeks we've been testing a new look for the site and that new look is finally here. We heard your feedback about the new look, and incorporated many of your suggestions. Thanks again for the help with testing and your thoughts.

Now it's time to move that discussion here. If you spot problems with the new site, please post about it here. We know there are bugs still lurking in the corners, so please keep that in mind as you use the new site. We'll get things fixed up as fast as we can.

Some new things to look for that aren't related to the look/layout: custom stats by time period, new fuel log book with sorting/searching, and cost analysis by time period. We're excited about the changes, and we hope the changes help give you more insight into your fuel economy.

pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 12:23 PM   #2

I'd also add if there's a feature you were wanting that isn't there or something you wished was changed, it'd work best if you held off for a couple weeks while we work through new site migration bugs first. (and there are a ton of new features on the way)

mathowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 12:42 PM   #3

Log Book will only show 1 - 6 out of 6 fuel ups, when in reality, I have 7 fuel ups. I have to update to show 50 fuel ups just to get it to show 7 fuel ups. Log book fuel ups do not match total fuel ups without update.

Thanks,

Johnny
ToyoTacoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 12:51 PM   #4
pb

ToyoTacoma, if I visit your car page I see 7 fuel-ups in the log book. Do you see 7 if you reload the page?
pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 01:26 PM   #5

Hey pb, I have a similar problem. Partial fill-ups are not being counted in terms of number of fuel-ups, but also in some cases not at all toward mileage.

Take a look at my page. It says now 13 fill-ups in the gas pump graphic, though there should be 18.

Now look at my March 2011 bar. It says my average for the entire month was 57.8 mpg. That number is correct if you only count the first two complete fill-ups of the month. Since I had a partial fill-up as my third fill-up, that and the next are not counted. If you add up all the miles and divide my gallons you get 59.0 mpg, not 57.8 like the site says.

The lifetime mileage is correct.

Thanks for all your work on the site!

Mike
mikewithaprius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 01:39 PM   #6

For my customizable mini stats, [my total spent for all time] does not match up with [cost analysis total spent] above.

$1,514.70 Total Spent != $1,559.27 Total Spent

The reason is that the customizable mini stat failed to include my first fill up of 44.57
ranger10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 01:44 PM   #7

Hey guys. First off I'd like to say thanks for putting this site together and keeping it updated. I really like being able to track my fuel-ups this way. It "almost" makes filling up something to look forward to ;-)

As for the new look, I'd say I like it apart from maybe the teal coloring for the logo and the text. The Google ad is new too I think. Hey, you guys are entitled to make some money for your efforts. I'm glad you allow for the sidebar to collapse though ;-)

Keep up the great work!
rockychocbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 01:47 PM   #8

@ranger10 - Fixed.

@mikewithaprius - Looking at your report now.
errorik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 04:40 PM   #9

Looks good guys, but

mini stats cannot count, Bella has 25 fill ups, the log book agrees with that, but mini stats says 24 :-(
udtrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 06:19 PM   #10

i think the old design looked a 100% better. this design is just too....white. i still love the site, i just dont care for the new look all that much.

shacrawhi34 is offline   Reply With Quote