95f thermostat in VX - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 07-13-2008, 05:45 PM   #1
Registered Member

195f thermostat in VX

FYI

I installed a 195 degree t-stat in the VX today. It hit operating temp slightly faster than with the 180 but i found that after about 20 minutes of freeway cruising it was falling in and out of lean burn. I thought the t-stat might be defective so i installed another 195 with the exact same result. I put the 180 back in and it operated normally and I was able to maintain lean burn indefineitly. (Lean burn was being monitored by a dmm.)
It seems like the engine was operating warmer in general and that was affecting the load balance to stay in lean burn. Mayber timing related? This is just a guess. The temp sensor in the VX is terible so its hard to say exactly how warm the water actually was. MAP and TPS were tested for good measure. Has anyone with a VX (fed) that has installed a grill block seen anything similar?

seeholmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 04:40 PM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
could you please post the part number of the 195? thermostat? my parts guy says there isn't one and I know for sure there is. Once I get it I can do a follow up test to confirm results.

Honda Civic VX Info/Links
Remember to use good Webiquette!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
GasSavers_TomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 04:55 PM   #3
Registered Member

The p/n is Stant 45879 ... or copy the link below.
http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductD...pe=133&PTSet=A

Do you have and monitor lean burn? It would be interesting to see hwat happens if you install one! Im also curious if anyone who monitors lean burn with dmm and has a grill block has seen anything similar.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:00 PM   #4
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to dkjones96
ECU might be going into enrichment mode because it's getting hot. I think all OBD2 cars do this. They retard ignition timing too.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:18 PM   #5
Registered Member

Thats exactly what it seemed like to me dkjones. The h2o temp sensor is pretty crappy and was showing the same temp as usual. Its making me think twice about a grill block. Its also making me think about testing my electric fan circuit