Battery light/ irregular idle - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 09-16-2006, 12:45 PM   #1
Registered Member

Battery light/ irregular idle

It just started happening, I was just driving then my battery light turned on, and at neutral my idle goes up and down. i checked my vacuum lines and it just unhooked and hooked some of them back up and it was fine for a while. then the light came back on, I rev'd my engine to about 4.5k and it went away, so im pretty sure its a vacuum line issue but not positive, I was wondering if you think its the same thing. I dont think its my battery it starts up fine and the connections are clean, my alternator seems fine not too sure but the belt is good.
whats your guy's input on this?

SupraRXZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 03:16 PM   #2
Registered Member

Auto-Zone or similar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraRXZ
It just started happening, I was just driving then my battery light turned on, and at neutral my idle goes up and down. i checked my vacuum lines and it just unhooked and hooked some of them back up and it was fine for a while. then the light came back on, I rev'd my engine to about 4.5k and it went away, so im pretty sure its a vacuum line issue but not positive, I was wondering if you think its the same thing. I dont think its my battery it starts up fine and the connections are clean, my alternator seems fine not too sure but the belt is good.
whats your guy's input on this?
I recommend taking it to an Auto-Zone or similar store, and they'll check your electrical system free of charge.

I just read that, get it -- free of Charge. Yeah, it's bad humor, take-it or leave-it.

RH77

Old 09-17-2006, 12:13 AM   #3
Registered Member

Its likely to be a alternator or a regulator problem.
No point investigating it , you will spend hours looking fro something that a guy with a meter can check within 10 seconds.

Go to an auto electrical workshop.
onegammyleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 01:16 AM   #4
Registered Member

I got it, it was the alternator. and now im stuck at my gf's place and my car is 1 hour away from home, and i got to be at my college monday morning, shouldnt take more than a couple hours at most to replace it
SupraRXZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 06:34 AM   #5
*shrug*

Damn, I was going to hve so much fun saying it was the alterntor and being right...
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote