d15z1 into dc2 integra? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 07-01-2008, 04:06 AM   #1
Registered Member

d15z1 into dc2 integra?

I have searched and cannot find any threads on this. I know it will go right in but I was wondering what I could expect for mileage?
I currently have a vx and love it but the body is rough from the previous owner doing god knows what and then covering the car with bondo and trading it in. It's all cracking now.
I am currently getting around 46mpg average with my vx which weighs 2094lbs(according to edmunds.com haven't weighed it). I was wondering what I could expect swapping my drivetrain into a dc2 integra(2529lbs pig)mileage wise? I know by swapping the drivetrains I can save some weight but not sure how much really.

Sorry if that is cluttered, I'm new here.

wanderingrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:07 AM   #2
Registered Member

I think the biggest influence on the mileage will be your right foot. The Integra is heavier so if you drive up alot of hills or try to accelerate fast, it would likely be alot worse then the VX. On level ground under light loads, where the weight does not effect as much and the VX can get into lean burn, it probably could get pretty close.

The other thing I would suggest is not using an HF transmission. It may be a little too tall of gearing for that heavy of a car. I have an HF and a GSR integra and I would think I'd be slipping the clutch alot in 1st gear with that much extra weight.
mrmad is offline   Reply With Quote