DaX's N600 Restoration - Page 8 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 01-22-2007, 06:40 PM   #71
Registered Member

awesome cars...i am very jealous.

white90crxhf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:18 AM   #72

Thanks for the kudos. It's a long, slow process, but it's nice to be making headway.

Got two sets of NOS breaker points in the mail yesterday. Also pulled my remaining set of wheel cylinders from the dark green N. I'm going to go ahead and pull the calipers from the remaining two cars and send them to Miles as well.

It's probably just talk, but I've got a wild idea for the dark green N after I complete the restoration of the light green one. I'm considering fabbing a MPFI motorcycle engine into the car. Don't know the details of the driveline, but I would want it to be MPFI and I would also like to keep it a Honda. Perhaps a CBR 1000 RR engine or something like that.

GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 05:42 AM   #73
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaX View Post

It's probably just talk, but I've got a wild idea for the dark green N after I complete the restoration of the light green one. I'm considering fabbing a MPFI motorcycle engine into the car. Don't know the details of the driveline, but I would want it to be MPFI and I would also like to keep it a Honda. Perhaps a CBR 1000 RR engine or something like that.
That's a cool idea. I've been trying to find another S600/S800 without an engine to do something like that with. The only thing really stopping me is what to do about the transmission.

I think with an N600, you've got the perfect platform to do it with, you'd just have to convert to RWD.
smithenhiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 05:46 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithenhiven View Post
That's a cool idea. I've been trying to find another S600/S800 without an engine to do something like that with. The only thing really stopping me is what to do about the transmission.

I think with an N600, you've got the perfect platform to do it with, you'd just have to convert to RWD.
Yeah, I am thinking I may even be able to do it FWD though. With a short custom chain and some way of machining a sprocket to replace the ring gear on the differential, it could be possible to use the stock axles and differential to drive the front wheels. It's all mental smoke right now, and it will be way down the line if anything like this happens - I'm going to restore to original the one I have now.

In other news, I actually brought home my supplies from work yesterday and am FINALLY going to start molding this week (I know I keep saying that, but it's for real this time!).
Old 01-23-2007, 06:07 AM   #75
Registered Member

Cool, keep those hybrid thoughts alive, I think it'd be neat to see something like that after you're done with the original restoration.

O yeah, I found what I "think" might be a set of rims to fit the N cars.

http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/97959165

Although the seller only shows a picture of two, I think he references 4 in the auction description. If you're interested in these, I can have my friend in Japan inquire about them, and find out exactly if there are two or four for sale.
smithenhiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 06:20 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithenhiven View Post
Cool, keep those hybrid thoughts alive, I think it'd be neat to see something like that after you're done with the original restoration.

O yeah, I found what I "think" might be a set of rims to fit the N cars.

http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/97959165

Although the seller only shows a picture of two, I think he references 4 in the auction description. If you're interested in these, I can have my friend in Japan inquire about them, and find out exactly if there are two or four for sale.
Appreciate keeping your eyes out for me, but right now I can't swing them.

Matt, any interest? 36,000 Yen is approximately $300, starting bid (30,000 yen) is about $250.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:27 AM   #77
Driving on E

Quote:
Appreciate keeping your eyes out for me, but right now I can't swing them.

Matt, any interest? 36,000 Yen is approximately $300, starting bid (30,000 yen) is about $250.
Ugh... those look decent too... I just wish I had the money right now too... argh.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 07:24 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Timion View Post
Ugh... those look decent too... I just wish I had the money right now too... argh.
Driven your 36 HP unit lately? Any progress on it? Sell the Z yet?
Old 01-23-2007, 09:07 AM   #79
Driving on E

Quote:
Driven your 36 HP unit lately? Any progress on it? Sell the Z yet?
I sold the Z a while ago. My n600 is just sitting covered in snow and giant icicles. I still need to put the new motor in before I can drive it. I just hope that this cold weather isn't affecting the engine sitting in the garage.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:25 AM   #80
Registered Member

Dax: It looks like your making steady progress.

Matt: If you have the engine sitting in the garage, it should be ok. The only thing I'd suggest is pulling the plugs and squirt some oil in their, to keep the rings from freezing up. Then put the plugs back in.

Gary Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote