Having some transmission problems. - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 01-05-2006, 12:39 PM   #11
Registered Member

I reset the ecu, idle

I reset the ecu, idle completly changed, seems like the car warms up faster, maybe because idle rpm is raised. The 1-2 shift firmed up. It's getting there but it's not hitting like before.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 04:00 AM   #12
Registered Member

The 1-2 shift now is so

The 1-2 shift now is so smooth that when it shifts you can't even feel it. This is disappointing. The 2-3 shift is a little too firm.

Old 01-11-2006, 01:37 PM   #13
Registered Member

I'm doing all freeway now

I'm doing all freeway now and the gas gauge is falling fast. It took the car this morning 7 miles to go into overdrive. It usually does it in 4.5 miles. Something is definetly wrong.

Old 01-11-2006, 02:29 PM   #14
Driving on E

Re: I'm doing all freeway now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compaq888
I'm doing all freeway now and the gas gauge is falling fast. It took the car this morning 7 miles to go into overdrive. It usually does it in 4.5 miles. Something is definetly wrong.
Sounds to me like your transmission is definately slipping. Besides your cousin throwing it into nuetral and then drive a few times, have you done any HARD driving lately?
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 02:47 PM   #15
Registered Member

Re: I'm doing all freeway now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Timion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compaq888
Sounds to me like your transmission is definately slipping. Besides your cousin throwing it into nuetral and then drive a few times, have you done any HARD driving lately?
not really. I follow the instruction manual, it says that you can upshift the tranny all you want but you can't downshift unless the car is parked and the brake pedal is pressed.

He has thrown it in 1 or 2 during freeway speeds. One time he threw it into 2 while I was going 65-70mph, luckily second ends at 74mph so it just revved to 5800rpm and I had to upshift it back to D. He thinks by downshifting it it will go faster. He doesn't even know how to drive a manual. Another time my co-worker accidently hit the shifter while I was going up a very steep hill at 3000rpm, it revved up to redline and before I could react she put it back into D.

Also I noticed the rpm is a little higher at 65mph then it should be. Before it was like at 2100rpm, now it's at 2175-2200rpm. I pay attention to rpm a lot, it really helps getting good gas mileage.

Old 01-12-2006, 11:34 AM   #16
Driving on E

Time to take it to the

Time to take it to the mechanic/dealer. Is it still under any kind of warranty?

Sounds like the transmission is starting to slip. I read a post recently on a honda forum where the guy's gears actually busted a hole in his transmission housing and fell out.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:16 PM   #17

Re: Time to take it to the

Quote:
Sounds like the transmission is starting to slip. I read a post recently on a honda forum where the guy's gears actually busted a hole in his transmission housing and fell out.
Seen it. But what I saw was from a manual transmission. The diff exploded and made large fresh air vents for the guy's tranny.

I'll post up pictures of the carnage from my younger brother's transmission once we get it out on Saturday.
GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 12:18 PM   #18
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaX
Seen it. But what I saw was from a manual transmission. The diff exploded and made large fresh air vents for the guy's tranny.

I'll post up pictures of the carnage from my younger brother's transmission once we get it out on Saturday.
Yeah, it had to be a manual transmission for it to be on Honda-Tech. Automatic isn't JDM y0!

Do you have a link to that thread? I was trying to find it earlier and I couldn't.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:37 PM   #19
Registered Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaX

Yeah, it had to be a manual transmission for it to be on Honda-Tech. Automatic isn't JDM y0!

Do you have a link to that thread? I was trying to find it earlier and I couldn't.
I also want to see a link.

My cousin isn't going to pay when it finally dies. He is one of those people with no common sense.

Old 01-13-2006, 05:29 AM   #20
*shrug*

The Link

<a href=http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1489166 target=_blank>The Link</a>

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote