Honda D15B7 to D16Z6 swap - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Tech, Troubleshooting and Repair > General Maintenance and Repair
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 08-20-2008, 05:47 PM   #11
Registered Member

Thorn, the 88 CRX may have come with the B6, however I had swaped the B7 into it a few months ago. I was not happy with the perfromance in the B7 so I decided since I had a Z6 sitting in my shop, I would put that in. I finished the swap lastnight, and other than the fact that the fuel mileage sucks balls, everything else works ok on the P06 ECU. BTW sorry for the confusion on the vtec. I actually hate hondas and this is my first one. Dont mind it so far but I still like my Eclipse more.

ReX-Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 06:00 PM   #12
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
.... so why did you get rid of your eclipse if you liked it more? i had no problems getting 40mpg in my d16z6 swapped 94 civic cx. perhaps you really should use the correct ecu.

Old 02-03-2009, 03:04 AM   #13
Registered Member

Knowledgable Civic Expert Needed

I Need Help Badly

I've Been In The Process Of Replacing The Engine Out Of 93honda Civic Lx 1600 Not Knowing I Purchased A 95 Honda Civic Ex 1600

I've Had Few Problems In The Process The Distributor Did Not Match Up 1st Problem No Crank At All

Purchased The Right Distributor Now It At Least Attempts To Crank
But Will Not Fire Timing Is Off And Depending On Changing The Wires Position Around Distributor Cap It Backfires Here And There But Timing Is All The Way Off And Will Not Catch Second Problem

I Thought That I May Need A New Computer But I Got Some Advice From A Honda Forum Group Off Myspace And The Response Was No I Did Not Need A Computer But The Kicker Was All He Did Tell Me Was I Originally Started With A D15b7 And Now I Working With A D16z6 That Was A Lot Of Help For A Mechanical Illiterit

I've Had This Car In The Air Going On Six Weeks Please Help Let Me Know How I Can Get This Baby Started My Sister Had Car Since 94i Ruined It In Ten Months
MRPHIL710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:41 AM   #14
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
you are going to need the ecu that belongs to the d16z6 and you are going to need to run 2 wires for vtec. if you search on honda-tech.com you will find the how-to for that.

regarding the timing, get a timing gun and calibrate it. the car should run fine without vtec, but you will get a little better fuel economy and much more power if you run the vtec.