Honda N600 sedan 3 cars for $1000 - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 09-11-2006, 07:03 PM   #11
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
if you have titles for them then sell them as that, the one that we are getting (at some point... I hope...) only one of them seems to have a title, and I am sure there are other people out there with simaler problems.

GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 04:16 AM   #12

None of mine have titles, but I had the same issues with my Porsche 914. All I did was go to the DMV with a bill of sale, and since the car was so old (1973), they just issued me a new title. I'm not sure if this is something only allowable in GA though...

GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 04:34 AM   #13
Registered Member

In Wisconsin, getting a replacement title if the vehicle was last titled by someone else is a major chore. You have to pay the title fees, and a bond equal to the valule of the vehicle, which they (the DMV) hold for a year while they attmpt to contact the previous title owner and let them buy the vehicle for the amount of the bond. I may have left out a detail, but it isn't worth doing for ordinary cars. Of course, if it iis just that the title is lost, that is an easy replacement.
WisJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 06:44 AM   #14
Registered Member

All three of these vehicles have titles.
seanmathes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 03:11 PM   #15
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to Brian D.
Honda N600 -Matt Timion & others,

Any idea what those N600's get MPG-wise? I only once saw one on the road...couldn't believe how small it was. Almost a joke. I'd better have one of those before I die. That and one of those tiny (original) Mini's. Then I (at 6'3") will go pick up my buddy (at 6'7'') and drive around town. That's one thing I definitely want to do. lol
Old 09-12-2006, 03:59 PM   #16
Registered Member

If you really want small, you should check out on of these. They pulled ~90mpg in the 50's. My friend has one in her garage that I would love to restore for her eventually.
omgwtfbyobbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 06:50 PM   #17
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgwtfbyobbq
If you really want small, you should check out on of these. They pulled ~90mpg in the 50's. My friend has one in her garage that I would love to restore for her eventually.
If your friend ever wants to sell that car, please let me know.

Brain D. - The n600 is supposed to get between 45 and 50mpg.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 05:13 AM   #18

Messerschmitts are cool! The German company resorted to building cars after Germany was defeated in WWII - Messerschmitt used to be the builder of Nazi aircraft. Neat little cars though!
GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 06:25 AM   #19
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Timion
If your friend ever wants to sell that car, please let me know.
I'll probably let myself know first , but if there's no way I can afford it I'll send you a PM. I figure the only way I'll get my hands (work on, not own) on it is to restore it because it has a lot of sentimental value to her.
omgwtfbyobbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 11:15 AM   #20
Registered Member

I bought these cars.

Hey, I found this thread while researching my new N600's. I actually picked up the last of these cars on Thursday.

I'm planning on converting them to EV's. I may keep one of them gas as it supposedly runs (ran). It's body is in fair condition and the interior is the best of the three.

One of them was converted to an EV previously. I haven't explored it entirely, but they used a 1.5hp 36v/40Amp GE Series wound DC motor mounted on top of the transmission in place of the engine. The speed control looks like it may be resistance driven (very inefficient). The body is in good condition on this one.

The third car is in the poorest condition and may end up being used for parts....

I'm starting with the existing Electric and then moving on to the gas car. I'll post some pics when I get a chance.

Questions: Is there a way to get the key codes for the locks from somewhere in/on the car? I do not have keys for two of these cars. Also, are there any cheap trailer tires out there that fit these?

Thanks.

-Luke

Luke Van Horn is offline   Reply With Quote