Honda N600 sedan 3 cars for $1000 - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 10-01-2006, 02:57 PM   #21
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Van Horn
Hey, I found this thread while researching my new N600's. I actually picked up the last of these cars on Thursday.

I'm planning on converting them to EV's. I may keep one of them gas as it supposedly runs (ran). It's body is in fair condition and the interior is the best of the three.

One of them was converted to an EV previously. I haven't explored it entirely, but they used a 1.5hp 36v/40Amp GE Series wound DC motor mounted on top of the transmission in place of the engine. The speed control looks like it may be resistance driven (very inefficient). The body is in good condition on this one.

The third car is in the poorest condition and may end up being used for parts....

I'm starting with the existing Electric and then moving on to the gas car. I'll post some pics when I get a chance.

Questions: Is there a way to get the key codes for the locks from somewhere in/on the car? I do not have keys for two of these cars. Also, are there any cheap trailer tires out there that fit these?

Thanks.

-Luke
Hi Luke,

About the keys, you'll want to talk to Miles Chappell (http://www.600miles.com/). You can send him the lock cylinders and he will have keys made for them. I believe it's rather cheap too.

For the tires you'll want to get ones rated for automobile use. Trailer tires probably wouldn't be too safe. Give me a day or so and I'll see if I can get tirerack to list the tires online.

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 05:09 AM   #22

Yeah, I bought my tires from TireRack...Kumho Power Star 758's (145-80-R10).

GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 12:15 PM   #23
Registered Member

Thanks for the info!

The trailer tires were going to be a cheap way to keep them mobile and off the ground. There is only about one set of inflatable tires between the three cars. However, I got a great deal on some custom racing tires from someone local that seem to fit well.

I plan on getting some of the Kumhos from tirerack for the next car.

Thanks,
Luke

Luke Van Horn is offline   Reply With Quote