Identifying a CX/VX Transmission - Page 4 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Tech, Troubleshooting and Repair > General Maintenance and Repair
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 11-13-2007, 10:56 AM   #31
Registered Member

Whats involved in installing a crx hf tranny into a 1995 civic vx?

also has anyone done a rear brake conversion on a civic vx? whats involved? What disc did you use ? What car did you pull them from. I saw 1991 crx si with rear disc at the junk yard the other day is it possible to swap those onto a vx?
Thanks!

Old 11-14-2007, 08:26 AM   #32
Registered Member

^ your best bet is ti get you'r year integra and stealing those brakes you can find them in the junk yard all the time

Old 12-25-2007, 08:19 AM   #33
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to limerence
is there a pro to putting in the hf tranny? in the market for a vx tranny now. would like to know if a hf tranny would be a better bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamacolin View Post
Whats involved in installing a crx hf tranny into a 1995 civic vx?

also has anyone done a rear brake conversion on a civic vx? whats involved? What disc did you use ? What car did you pull them from. I saw 1991 crx si with rear disc at the junk yard the other day is it possible to swap those onto a vx?
Thanks!
limerence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 05:13 AM   #34
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwtorbe View Post
My buddy with a 2000 Si wants me to install the HX tranny in his car for better FE. When installing a d-series onto a b-series I am guessing I need d-series driveaxles, HX tranny, and d-series flywheel and clutch (or just clutch?). Is this correct? Is it better to use the HX flywheel/clutch or the Si flwheel with d-series clutch.

I heard they bolt up fine and any info is appreciated. His rpms are WAY high with the Si tranny....4.400 final drive.
Sorry. There is NO WAY to make this work. With the exception of nuts and bolts, there is absolutely NOTHING compatible between D-series and B-series powertrains. They are pretty much different in EVERY way. If he wants to use a D-series transmission, he also needs to swap a D-series motor.

On the other hand, if he wants to keep his B16A AND get lower freeway revs on a 2000 SI, the only thing he can do is either swap over to a full 1994+ Integra LS transmission, or swap the LS fifth gear into his SI transmission. The second option might actually be better, since he would still have the tight gearing in gears 1-4 for around town acceleration (the 2000 SI is a VERY heavy car for a 1.6 liter engine). And as for the final drive, I actually believe the 1999-2000 SI has a 4.266 final drive (the same as the LS).
StorminMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:43 PM   #35
Registered Member

for swapping rear-wheel disc you'll need the entire rear hub w/discs/calipers & i believe rear brake lines matching the vehicle u got the rear discs from. i had some from a DC teg but sold em yr ago =(.
hmmm i've got a DX trans on my VX right now. w/my wacky o2 & EX tb...im gettin 36-38mpg. i'm keeping an eye out for another VX/CX trans & will put the DX trans up for sale when i get one.
Nden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 08:05 AM   #36
Registered Member

Converting to rear disks might hurt your mpg- as the calipers drag more that well adjusted drum brakes.
GasSavers_Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 04:03 PM   #37
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to suspendedhatch
They're also slightly heavier, but no, they don't affect mpg.

The easiest thing to do is find an EX/Si from 92-95 or a 94+ Integra and grab the entire rear trailing arm/hub assembly. It's quite difficult to separate the hubs from the trailing arms, but that's the cheapest route. You'll need an impact and some torque bits. Another benefit to swapping the entire rear suspension is that you'll get the LCAs that have mounting holes for a rear swaybar.

Civic VX, D15Z7, 5 Speed LSD, AEM EMS, AEM UEGO, AEM Twin Fire, Distributor-less, Waste Spark
suspendedhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 07:11 PM   #38
Registered Member

I swapped in a rear trailing arm set-up from a 99 Si (the LCAs are different, but every other part of it is the same as the 92-95 parts) onto my VX (along with the disc brake proportioning valve) and it made a huge difference in stopping and resisting brake fade. I don't drive fast and I do plan out my stops usually for maximum MPG, but I really like the safer feeling it gives me.

I noticed no decrease in MPG at all with the addition of rear discs.

On the never-ending quest for better gas mileage...
Danronian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:43 PM   #39
Registered Member

how much do you want for the trans and where are you located.
GasSavers_harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:45 PM   #40
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy View Post
The one in my basement certainly is. It's for sale, of course.
how much are yo asking for the transmission?

GasSavers_harry is offline   Reply With Quote