Is it okay to buy a high mileage honda?? - Page 6 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Tech, Troubleshooting and Repair > General Maintenance and Repair
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2006, 09:57 PM   #51
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compaq888
I don't care about cd player. In fact I'll keep the stock one in the car. If it comes with a aftermarket one I'll trade someone for a stock one.
i dont see how that effects what i said. factory cd players get stolen too.

Old 06-29-2006, 10:00 PM   #52
*shrug*

You should just take out the drivetrain/fuel system, torch the car, put it back together, and no one will look twice at it except to laugh.

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 01:15 AM   #53
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Anyway, you're best shot at not having it stolen is the fact that is has no desirable parts on it.
I think your best shot of not having it stolen is to move out of California. Your insurance premiums will also be lower. Just don't move to NJ.

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 01:20 AM   #54
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlarry
I forgot to mention that the TV was in the back of my '67 Rambler American. Thieves probably felt sorry for me.
Ahhh, that brings back good memories. My first car was a 68 Rambler American, baby blue, 199 cid, 3 on the tree.

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 01:47 AM   #55
FE nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by krousdb
Ahhh, that brings back good memories. My first car was a 68 Rambler American, baby blue, 199 cid, 3 on the tree.
Mine was green and had the Flash-O-Matic 3-speed automatic. The engine was so shot in it that when floored, I had to help push it up onto the trailer to get it home. Somebody had been driving it around so long with a broken push-rod that the broken off end was rounded again. I was only able to get it up to 40mph, on a flat road with a 1/2 mile open stretch. The only good thing about the car was that it had originally had been sold in CA and had only seen 1 or 2 years in IN. Can you imagine a '67 American WITHOUT rusted front fenders in the early '80's.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 03:58 AM   #56
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
Mine was a white 65 Rambler American Flat Head 6 with 3 on the tree and an SU Carburator - front fenders were great - it was the rear quarter panels that rusted out.
JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 08:47 AM   #57
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by krousdb
I think your best shot of not having it stolen is to move out of California. Your insurance premiums will also be lower. Just don't move to NJ.
Yes, and your rent/taxes/electrical bills will also be lower.

Oh, and from personal experience moving out of california has also increased my happiness levels as well.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 10:14 AM   #58
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Timion
Yes, and your rent/taxes/electrical bills will also be lower.

Oh, and from personal experience moving out of california has also increased my happiness levels as well.
People moving out of CA has decreased my happiness level because they all moved into my town and drove the prices of homes up and turned the roads into parking lots
zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 12:59 PM   #59
Registered Member

my friend bought a 86 lude that had 320 km on it, it was awesome until his steering disfuctioned and he rammed into a caravan.

the funny thing is the lude had a dent while the caravan was literraly smashed in, and it wasn't high speed collision at all, it was just a sharp corner and then the steering gave up....

so ya engine could have kept going, but other parts of a car must be visually inspected!