Kiker SPark Plug Wires - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 08-19-2008, 08:36 AM   #11
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tork View Post
I have Kiker Performance wires on my 1986 Toyota 2wd pickup, 4 cylinder, 22R carbereuted engine.

I measured miles per gallon for ten tanks before and five tanks with Kiker wires. 4% more mpg, and a first step to going back to low octane gas from highest octane. I have a lot of carbon buildup at 350,000 miles, which raised compression, so I had to run highest octane gas to avoid pinging and running rough.

I got all the way to low octane gas, no pinging, by adding 1 oz Ethos and 2oz Xylol per 10 gallon tank of gas. Total savings are 4% mpg+ from Kiker wires, 5% cost savings from high to low octane, and 15% mpg+ from adding 1oz Ethos and 2oz Xylol per 10 gallons of gas. 25% mpg+ without a fuel warmer or hho!

If you try acetone, make it 100% only, not paint store or hardware store or lumberyard acetone which is only 90% and the additives prevent mpg gains. Try beauty supply or auto painting supply for 100% acetone. I have not tried acetone yet, but the mix would be total 3 oz of additives. That could be 1oz Ethos, 1oz acetone, 1oz xylol. Then there is boric acid, to add to acetone.

i'm commenting on the acetone, ethos, etc...
FYI, i did get acetone from lowes and the label did not have any other items except acetone. so are you saying that it is still only 90% acetone pure?

the acetone cost of beauty supply shops is too high comparing to Lowe's. yes, one bottle is only .99 cents to 1.25 but that is usually a 4-5 oz. i got one gallon for $15.00 with tax. that works out to be .11 cents per oz. the xylene was the same cost. (fyi, 1 gallon= 128 oz)

i also found several sites that used a ratio of 3oz per 10 gallons on both acetone and xylene. so should i use less. i thought that was the proper ratio to use.

thanks ...

Coucoui6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 09:13 PM   #12
Registered Member

i was getting 18 mpg without the kikers. now Im getting 20-22 mpg with them

weatherbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 05:35 AM   #13

How much of your improvement was the additives and driving style and how much was due to the wires? A truly accurate experiment is done with just one change and a blind control. Multiple changes make it impossible to nail dow which one caused the result. If you had not added anything to your tank and had no idea you were using different wires I would say 'Yes the wires made a difference' but the additives are a variable that muddies the results. Also knowing the wires claim to improve milage will alter the result. I am not saying the wires don't make a huge difference but with out a single change blind test I see the results as tainted. I do not doubt the milage increase but what I do have reservations about is the wires being the sole source of the improvement.
Philip1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 08:03 PM   #14
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip1 View Post
How much of your improvement was the additives and driving style and how much was due to the wires? A truly accurate experiment is done with just one change and a blind control. Multiple changes make it impossible to nail dow which one caused the result. If you had not added anything to your tank and had no idea you were using different wires I would say 'Yes the wires made a difference' but the additives are a variable that muddies the results. Also knowing the wires claim to improve milage will alter the result. I am not saying the wires don't make a huge difference but with out a single change blind test I see the results as tainted. I do not doubt the milage increase but what I do have reservations about is the wires being the sole source of the improvement.
yea, how do you know you didnt get a gain just from the fact that thier new wires and not old used worn out ones?
VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 08:31 PM   #15
Registered Member

you guys kill me, if he was getting a gain from additives, you would say additives don't work, and now that he has the wires, you blame his mileage increase on the additives. rather than shoot him down, why don't you let him go through a few tank fulls, and see what his averages are. he could even try a tank without additives. if everyone spent more time trying new ideas, instead of trying to shoot them down, we would see more results.
mikehallbackhoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 03:10 AM   #16
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehallbackhoe View Post
you guys kill me, if he was getting a gain from additives, you would say additives don't work, and now that he has the wires, you blame his mileage increase on the additives. rather than shoot him down, why don't you let him go through a few tank fulls, and see what his averages are. he could even try a tank without additives. if everyone spent more time trying new ideas, instead of trying to shoot them down, we would see more results.
This is a shoot down and shoot to kill forum?

a new policy....I intend to ignore the nescient...a waste of time and energy.
ZugyNA is offline   Reply With Quote