Matt's n600 rebuild project log - Page 9 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-04-2006, 10:24 PM   #81
Driving on E

Replaced the sway bar bushings today and trouble shooted the water pump for the windshield washers.

Did you know that the water pump is actually hand powered? You push in the wiper switch and it has a small pocket of washer fluid that it then sprays onto the windshield. I'll try to take a picture if I can, but it's just so funny.

I also removed a lot of rust today and inadvertently figured out that the rust remover also removed the cheap paint that someone used on the rear drivers side. I might try to remove all of the cheap paint so the original color will be exposed instead of this off-yellow color.

Today I also found and destroyed a wasp nest that was in the door jam of the driver's side door. Oddly I just did this EXACT same thing the other day on my civic.

This thing should be ready to be inspected tomorrow. I just need to straighten out the front bumper mount and then get the rear bumper in place.

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 09:21 AM   #82
Driving on E

it passed safety. The guy at Jiffy Lube loved the car. He said I actually had to replace the wiper blades, but he passed me anyway out of respect :P

I tried to show off the engine and forgot that this thing gets REALLY hot REALLY fast. I pulled back my finger from the hood latch due to the heat and I cut it pretty bad on the grill. The guy got me a towel and a bandaid.

This week's blood has begun.

it hurts to type...

Old 06-05-2006, 12:16 PM   #83
Driving on E

Despite every emissions station I've visited saying that this vehicle is exempt from emissions testing, the lady at the DMV didn't believe me.

So now I'm on the hunt for documentation to back up my claim. If I can't find it soon I'll be going back to Jiffy lube and praying that it passes.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:33 PM   #84
Registered Member

Why is it considered exempt? Age, engine size, other?
Old 06-05-2006, 12:36 PM   #85
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95metro
Why is it considered exempt? Age, engine size, other?
Engine size and number of cylinders. Smaller engines like this just don't pass the emissions.

Certain motorcycles are the same way.

If this thing were 4 years older it would be exempt automatically.

I just got off of the phone with a guy that works for the state and i need to take it down to a state inspection station. They'll give me a waiver there. Hopefully this will all be taken care of today.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:04 PM   #86
Driving on E

Just got back from the state air pollution office. They took a look under the hood and gave me a certificate exempting me from emissions testing.

It was the first time I've driven that car around town. It is so freaking loud I was embarrassed. A few people yelled, "COOL CAR!" at me though, which was sorta cool.

I drove it to the honda dealership and asked if anyone wanted to see it. The girl at the parts counter said, "no, all of the guys here are into 99 Civic SI's."

Oh yeah, something is wrong with this car. I think I went through a quarter tank or so of gas today... at least according to the meter which could be completely inaccurate. Then again the tank holds 6 gallons.
Old 06-05-2006, 06:10 PM   #87
Tuggin at the surly bonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Timion
Oh yeah, something is wrong with this car. I think I went through a quarter tank or so of gas today... at least according to the meter which could be completely inaccurate. Then again the tank holds 6 gallons.
I'd just check for leaks (fuel tank, fuel lines, pump diaphram, etc.), or carb bowl overflow. Does it smoke?
Old 06-05-2006, 08:27 PM   #88
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Timion
I drove it to the honda dealership and asked if anyone wanted to see it. The girl at the parts counter said, "no, all of the guys here are into 99 Civic SI's."
i dont get it. why the 99 si? 06 is sooo much better...

anyway ive been meaning to tell you, i test drove my fiancee's grandfathers '65 falcon ranchero on sunday. no seat belts, 3spd on the column, 200ci (i think) inline 6, 4 corner drumb brakes... o man what an experience! i have respect for the older cars. even though they are sooo not safe, it was still fun to drive it even though i never got over 50.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:14 PM   #89
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveredwings
I'd just check for leaks (fuel tank, fuel lines, pump diaphram, etc.), or carb bowl overflow. Does it smoke?
No smoke at all. I'm guessing the carb was never adjusted properly, and I'm sure that the timing is off as well. It could be a number of things causing this. It could even just be a bad gas gauge.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:34 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisntjared
i dont get it. why the 99 si? 06 is sooo much better...
I totally disagree. Once Honda goes back to dual wishbone suspension front and rear, then I'll be back on the new car bandwagon.

GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote