Need Help With ECU for a JDM D15b non vtec engine - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Tech, Troubleshooting and Repair > General Maintenance and Repair
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 07-29-2008, 11:58 AM   #1
Registered Member

Need Help With ECU for a JDM D15b non vtec engine

Here's my situation. I picked up a 92 Civic CX hatch with the JDM D15b motor installed. My understanding is that the stock ECU is a p05. I've called different places such as JDM engine importers and they can't tell me if it's a p06 that's needed. This car is a 5 speed and the car was taken here to the local state ref here in Los Angeles, CA. Car passes all emissions with no problems, but the timing is off.

He recommended to either adjust the pulley or change the ecu. Which is the right thing to do?

DD is a 1993 Civic Si Hatchback
92VXHatchguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:17 PM   #2

Can you take a picture of the engine? How many wires on the O2 sensor?

78si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 06:37 AM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to Loserkidwac
A P06 should run the car fine if its a non-vtec engine thats what came in the USDM DX civics etc...which timing is off the cam or ignition timing? Before going to replace the ECU try the simple solutions...look for the TDC marks on the crank pulley and cam gear and make sure they are lined up, adjust as needed, the look for the ignition timing marks on the crank pulley (should be 3 line in a row) now take a timing light and look at the mark on the Timing belt cover and see if the center mark on the crank pulley is in line with the triangle on the cover...loosen the distributor and rotate it as needed till you have the ignition timing marks in line....

check those and that should solve your problem...

03 Mazdaspeed Protege
91 Honda CRX Si
95 Honda Civic VX *RIP 5/20/08
94 Honda Del Slow D15z1 Swapped
Loserkidwac is offline   Reply With Quote