OBD 1 Cable Pinout - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 11-21-2005, 04:25 AM   #11

Your blinking SRS light has

Your blinking SRS light has me the most puzzled - I've never seen that on an OBD-1 vehicle.

Have you checked your timing with a timing light? You should be 16*BTDC with the service terminal jumped. Also check your static mechanical timing...could be off a tooth on the cam sprocket.

I had a problem with my ICM and coil in my turbo LS hatchback...I purchased the bottom of the line MSD unit [the 6A] and built a trigger circuit - now I can run an external MSD coil and no honda ICM [they're troublesome and expensive little bastards]. If I blow a component on my trigger circuit, it will only cost about $6 at most to replace.

GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 11:38 AM   #12
Registered Member

I'm still trying to figure

I'm still trying to figure out how to get diagnostics to work with my ECU... but like DaX I put a MSD (6AL) ignition in my car. I have a 94 civic dx, and when I was reading reviews for the MSD ignition, I read a comment about the instructions for the ICM connection being wrong. Turns out my Hayes manual instructions were wrong too, and I suspect the Honda shop manual gives the wrong wiring description too.

It turns out the ICM ground connecter is not white/blue (that's the tach), the ICM ground connecter is green/yellow.

I'm not sure if you were aware that there are a lot of bad ICM wiring diagrams out there, so you should probably check your wiring.

symph0ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 06:37 PM   #13
Registered Member

Wiring Diagrams Hug...

Checked the Mitchel manual and Chilton's both show EVERY ground wire as either being black or at least having a black component. Glad I have a VOM(volt ohm meter) to check the wires myself. Still not sure why it's wacko, so I brought it to the dealer and am awaiting the verdict. If they want to replace the ECU I'll consider the MSD option. There is a software package named "Uberdata" that seems to be OBD2 compatable and probably OBD1. I'll check soon. Whatever you do DO NOT buy the CD for sale on Ebay that claims to offer OBD1 & OBD2 programs to diagnose virtually every make of car, it's all hacked software, and only for a few European makes, and models. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4592922779&ssPageName= MERC_VIC_ReBay_Pr4_PcY_BID_IT
NEW-OBD.I&II(1&2)DIAGNOSTIC SOFTWARE-MILEAGE CORRECTION
Most of it is actually software from american software makers like AutoTech, that have been wacked with custom packages for mercedes, bmw, etc. I thought Ebay stopped allowing this kind of thing during the 90's its a federal offense to import or export stolen property.
CruiseControl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 05:07 AM   #14

Re: I'm still trying to figure

Quote:
Originally Posted by symph0ny
It turns out the ICM ground connecter is not white/blue (that's the tach), the ICM ground connecter is green/yellow.
In my distributor, the tachometer signal is the solid blue wire, but I'm running a 1994 Integra LS distributor [OBD-1].

If anyone is interested in building a trigger circuit for their MSD unit to get rid of the stock coil AND igniter, I can help as I have done it - there's a writeup with pictures on Honda-Tech.
Old 03-26-2006, 07:40 PM   #15
Registered Member

Re: Not Blinking...ACK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiseControl
The Check Engine light is NOT blinking, which according to Mitchel's means that the ECU should be replaced, since the code is not listed. The Check engine light is on, and the SRS light(red immediately below) is blinking, at a regular interval. I'm new to this, and figure I'm doing something wrong, however after double checking my plugs etc. everything is correct and the same code, appears :| I'm trying to put together a Code Scanner with my laptop. There is software on eBay for ~ $20, however it uses a Serial Cable http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-OBD-I.....QrdZ1
WHERE DO YOU GET THE HONDA OBD1 SERIAL CABLE??? I LOOKED ON E-BAY!
carsearch95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 07:41 PM   #16
*shrug*

Where does the obd1 cable

Where does the obd1 cable hook up to and what does it do?
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 07:58 PM   #17
Driving on E

Try sending Cruisecontrol a

Try sending Cruisecontrol a PM to find out this stuff. I don't think he's visited this site in a while now.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 11:30 AM   #18

Re: Where does the obd1 cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Where does the obd1 cable hook up to and what does it do?
There is a connection port under the dash on the right side of the car near the door/ecu/glovebox area [this is where it is on my Civic anyhow]. There are two plugs hanging down - one you jump to check your CEL's and the other one is to hook up to the ECU.
Old 04-04-2006, 12:55 PM   #19
*shrug*

Interesting. I need to find

Interesting. I need to find the not CEL jumper one then.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 01:42 PM   #20

Re: Interesting. I need to find

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Interesting. I need to find the not CEL jumper one then.
This is for OBD-1, not OBD-0.