spare D15Z1s - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 07-09-2008, 06:13 PM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to 1993CivicVX
spare D15Z1s

In the event my motor will wear out at some point, I am wondering where one goes about buying a D15Z1 VX motor. Are they still possible to pick up for circa $400? I almost wonder if I shouldn't buy one to keep as a spare since I may decide it's better to keep my car on the road than to buy a new one if the engine should ever decide it's kicked. Does one use Craigslist and Ebay to find motors? Any other sources?

Car mods are overrated. Just gotta adjust that nut behind the wheel for best mpg.

Forget about World Peace...Visualize using your turn signal.
1993CivicVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:05 PM   #2
Registered Member

I would just buy one from a Japanese engine importer off of ebay or search for them through honda-tech.com which has a lot of suppliers which you can find on there. Most of those motors generally come in good shape with relatively low miles.

Other than importers you can find them in classified ads but since a lot of people are looking for those motors right now, people will be charging (and getting) more than they are worth.

On the never-ending quest for better gas mileage...
Danronian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 06:41 AM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to Loserkidwac
Yea take Dan's advice but him and I were lucky enough to find complete swaps fairly local for a decent price...I paid $300 for a complete VX swap Black Box, ECU, axles, linkage, everything plus a set off VX wheels w/o tires...so i thing you could find one...but this was a few months ago before gas prices went up and now I see a lot more people looking for VX swaps...HTH GL

03 Mazdaspeed Protege
91 Honda CRX Si
95 Honda Civic VX *RIP 5/20/08
94 Honda Del Slow D15z1 Swapped
Loserkidwac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 07:04 AM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loserkidwac View Post
Yea take Dan's advice but him and I were lucky enough to find complete swaps fairly local for a decent price...I paid $300 for a complete VX swap Black Box, ECU, axles, linkage, everything plus a set off VX wheels w/o tires...so i thing you could find one...but this was a few months ago before gas prices went up and now I see a lot more people looking for VX swaps...HTH GL
Wow!

I don't suppose you have a source for more VX wheels cheap? From what I read online, they would fit my car, and I'd like to ditch the crappy wheels I have now.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:32 AM   #5
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to Loserkidwac
Quote:
Originally Posted by thornburg View Post
Wow!

I don't suppose you have a source for more VX wheels cheap? From what I read online, they would fit my car, and I'd like to ditch the crappy wheels I have now.
Can't say I have a source just have to check the classifieds on local forums and craigslist

If you feel like spending the cash you can still order them threw honda for about $120 a wheel...not to cheap but its an option...you can usually find a whole used set with crappy tires for the same price as 1 from Honda

03 Mazdaspeed Protege
91 Honda CRX Si
95 Honda Civic VX *RIP 5/20/08
94 Honda Del Slow D15z1 Swapped
Loserkidwac is offline   Reply With Quote