Spray-On Sound Insulation/Finished Surface? - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 05-15-2008, 06:33 AM   #11
Registered Member

This is the type of stuff I was thinking of...
http://www.austrotherm.com/en/main6/...29/index.shtml

There's stuff on a roll like that in Home Depot though, but can't find a good pic or description online...

I figure you can spray mount that then paint over it. Flock paint it even.

I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:13 AM   #12
Registered Member

You may want to consider Spectrum by Second Skin. It isn't cheap, but it works very effectively from everything I've heard.

I used their Damplifier mats in both my Comet & my xB and it did an amazing job of reducing noise. I have something like 40 sq ft of the stuff in the xB, and the road noise & engine drone is way down, and it added under 20lbs to the weight of the car.

Think inside the Box!
Improbcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 04:01 AM   #13
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Improbcat View Post
You may want to consider Spectrum by Second Skin. It isn't cheap, but it works very effectively from everything I've heard.

I used their Damplifier mats in both my Comet & my xB and it did an amazing job of reducing noise. I have something like 40 sq ft of the stuff in the xB, and the road noise & engine drone is way down, and it added under 20lbs to the weight of the car.
That stuff looks fantastic, but do you think it would be durable enough to hold up to daily foot traffic on, say, the driver's side?
jakio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 04:43 AM   #14
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakio View Post
That stuff looks fantastic, but do you think it would be durable enough to hold up to daily foot traffic on, say, the driver's side?
No idea, I've never used spectrum myself, sorry. However, there is a forum on their site, and if you ask there you will likely get responses from both employees and users of their products.

Think inside the Box!
Improbcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 05:06 AM   #15
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakio View Post
...and that's where you add a layer of bedliner stuff. You can get it in a spray can at WalMart, and that ought to be enough to toughen a couple key spots.