Teggy takes a Direct Impact -- Moderate damage - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Tech, Troubleshooting and Repair > General Maintenance and Repair
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 01-21-2007, 03:53 PM   #21
*shrug*

On a hail note, last winter my cousin's DSM was totalled due to hail the day he sold it. The guy ended up taking it anyway with the insurance settlement. *shrug*

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 04:33 PM   #22
Registered Member

Why do we go to extremes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy View Post
On a hail note, last winter my cousin's DSM was totalled due to hail the day he sold it. The guy ended up taking it anyway with the insurance settlement. *shrug*
This had to have been in Missouri? I'll tell ya, the climate here is viscious. I started a thread for a controlled air intake temp system. Selfless advertisement: click HERE for more details on that. But I realized typing that thread that the temps here have ranged from 1-below-zero a couple weeks ago to 107F this past summer (which is typical for both seasons). Then we get the ice (as we've seen here), snow, tornadoes, hail, straight-line wind and microbursts, rain, flooding, high humidity and heat emergencies. Yup it's a great place to live. Honestly, it's a good town with stuff to do and 4 seasons (albeit spring and fall are a bit short sometimes). St. Louis ended up with the Arch though, darnit (and a winning baseball team, etc.)

RH77

Old 02-02-2007, 09:56 AM   #23
Registered Member

Teggy's Back

Well, Teggy's back from the shop and as good as new.

One complaint: the shop messed with my PCV catch jar -- probably curious as to how it worked, turned it upside-down, and ended up sucking the junk back into the intake! There was a decent amount in there -- darnit.

Now I have to do another cleanse...

RH77