Tire substitution chart: Where? - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 09-03-2013, 01:51 PM   #11
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvaro84 View Post
I don't know why the previous owner chose 165/70. Probably she just didn't care.
Availability, I imagine. It's not like tire places are stocked with loads of 13" sizes.

Old 09-03-2013, 07:24 PM   #12
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
Availability, I imagine. It's not like tire places are stocked with loads of 13" sizes.
When I bought the winter tires, I had to pre-order anything for these 13" rims. In a quite large workshop. So my (possibly wrong) assumption was the uniform unavailability of these tires

OK, not totally uniform. I couldn't buy 4-season ones at all, not even with pre-ordering.

alvaro84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 09:54 AM   #13
Registered Member

Apologies for reviving a dead thread, but this thread still shows up near the top of a "tire size substitution chart" search, so I thought I'd provide an answer that may be what the OP was looking for.

I'd used this chart in the past and it took quite a while to find it again today, but if you enter a tire size at Ejelta.com: Tire Size Calculator, the page will chart 20 or so of the closest matches to the entered size, with diameter differences percentage and speed errors for each substitution.

It also provides a comprehensive cross reference showing width/ratio deviation from the given size for pretty much all standard tire sizes at a given wheel diameter.

Awesome tool.

cmayo is offline   Reply With Quote