vx p07 ecu - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 11-10-2006, 04:17 AM   #1
Registered Member

vx p07 ecu

there were 3 models of the vx produced, fed., canadian, calif., the calif. model did not have egr, and only a 4 wire o2 sensor, so how do you tell the difference between the two ecu's?

gman47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 06:41 AM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
This should answer your question. Honda ECU Label Decoder

Honda Civic VX Info/Links
Remember to use good Webiquette!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
GasSavers_TomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:56 PM   #3
Registered Member

The mentioned link does not seem to work any more. Any ideas? I'm trying to understand the different VX ECU labels.

Thanks!
Wandering Albatross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 12:23 PM   #4
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
Yeah, sorry, I forgot to edit my post lately since the original poster of the link doesn't want to share his info anymore.

Basically there is a California version (no lean burn and 4 wire o2), and two versions of software for the other 49 states models (revision A00 and revision A01) basically just an updated revision of the software. Revision A00 was 92-93 model year and the newer revision was for 94-95. I've ran both revisions in my 94 VX with now difference in mileage.

Quote:
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:48 AM   #5
Registered Member

Thanks a bunch for the info. I'll see what I can do to chase one down at a good price.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:14 AM   #6
Registered Member

I've got one for sale. I'm looking to get $80 shipped for it. I guarantee it works as I used it in my VX for a few days to test it. These ECUs are going for $100+ shipping on Ebay. Just let me know via PM.

Quote:
Old 07-23-2007, 08:56 PM   #7
Registered Member

Here's something I've read, but not confirmed for myself: The first letter of the last 3 digits is generally the region code for the ECU. The Honda region code for fed. emissions is KA, High altitude versions are KH, cali emissions are KL. It's the last letter of that region code that should match.
If that info holds true (a quick browse of car-part.com seems to confirm), california versions should be numbered 37820-P07-L##.
GasSavers_bobski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:43 AM   #8
Registered Member

So if I understand correctly, 37820-P07-A00 would be a 49-state ECU produced between 92 and 93. It doesn't have the updated code. Is that correct? Perhaps the most ideal situation would be a 37820-P07-A01.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:48 AM   #9
Registered Member

You are correct about the nominclature of the ECU label. As far as which revision (A00 or A01) is better, I cannot confirm which is "better". I have no way of telling what changes were done in the code. As far as I could tell, there was no noticable difference between the two while they were in my VX as well.

Quote:
Old 10-12-2007, 01:16 AM   #10
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman47 View Post
there were 3 models of the vx produced, fed., canadian, calif., the calif. model did not have egr, and only a 4 wire o2 sensor, so how do you tell the difference between the two ecu's?
CA most definately have EGRs. How do I know? I took out my EGR valve and cleaned up my EGR ports.
Gary

garyhgaryh is offline   Reply With Quote