94 civic vx throttle body - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Tech, Troubleshooting and Repair > Transmissions and Running Gear
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 01-03-2013, 09:36 PM   #1
Registered Member

94 civic vx throttle body

Iv replaced quite a lot on this vx so far.new ngk plugs wires.both pcv valves and grommet.new tps.new battery.cleaned out the egr valve, iacv, and throttle body.car is just at 131.5k miles and did oil change not long ago with full synthetic.also just replaced radiator and thermostat last night to be exact.

All thats left to do is a transmission rebuild/replacement since the input shaft bearring is out and i will replace clutch along with that

i still have a slight fluctuating idle.i think the previous owner may have messed with the idle screw on throttle body and i cant readjust it.also the screws on the MAP sensor are stripped. Is there a possible alternative new throttle body I could use to replace it?

Could this replacement work? Would there be any negative effects with it and would i have to do anything else to make it fit?

Or is there another suggestion for a new throttle body?

ratherdashing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:15 PM   #2
Registered Member

Drill out the stripped screws and re tap them. The cx throttle body is the same size but not 100% about the rest I'll try to look. Try majestic Honda. It might be no longer avaible. If it is $$$$.
Rusty94cx is offline   Reply With Quote