Adjusting auto tranny fluid pressure - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Tech, Troubleshooting and Repair > Transmissions and Running Gear
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 07-25-2008, 02:34 PM   #21
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWarrior View Post
Don't know, but if you've got a transmission that needs a special synthetic like Mercon V or a 7176, ATF +4 spec fluid, then don't mess with it. If it takes regular ATF, then it's probably not so fussy.

Actually if you're using a synthetic "just because" you might want to try some of the synthetic chrysler ATF +4 which has larger amounts of friction modifiers than "regular", then at least you're blending synthetics.
my T-350 takes 10qts ,,i have 8 Dext/mercon 1 type F and one ATF +4 in it

COMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 03:46 PM   #22
Registered Member

I'm using "practically synthetic" TDH UTF (Universal Tractor Fluid) made out of high grade high VI group 3 base stocks (Which some motor oil manufactures claim they can call synthetic these days) that has friction modifiers intended for heavy duty wet brake and wet clutch use in industrial and agricultural transmissions... plus it's only $7 a gallon

I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 03:50 PM   #23
Registered Member

Quote:
I'm using "practically synthetic" TDH UTF (Universal Tractor Fluid) made out of high grade high VI group 3 base stocks (Which some motor oil manufactures claim they can call synthetic these days) that has friction modifiers intended for heavy duty wet brake and wet clutch use in industrial and agricultural transmissions... plus it's only $7 a gallon
you using that in the Ford and the Dodge ?
Old 07-25-2008, 04:14 PM   #24
Registered Member

Just Marvin so far. Wile-E was doing great with fresh ATF plus a dose of Lucas, when his motor is back together, I'll probably consider it next spring. Might need to use lucas in it to color it for him (it's clear) he has some optical sensors for clutch pack modulation.
I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
Old 07-25-2008, 04:35 PM   #25
Registered Member

Quote:
Just Marvin so far. Wile-E was doing great with fresh ATF plus a dose of Lucas, when his motor is back together, I'll probably consider it next spring. Might need to use lucas in it to color it for him (it's clear) he has some optical sensors for clutch pack modulation.
where did you buy it ??
Old 07-25-2008, 08:02 PM   #26
Registered Member

At the evil emporium of he who must not be named, ummm *cough*walmart*cough* Actually always seem to end up there for my fluids when nothing is on sale anywhere else. Supertech/tech 2000 synthetic oil is a good bargain too.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:08 PM   #27
Registered Member

Quote:
At the evil emporium of he who must not be named, ummm *cough*walmart*cough* Actually always seem to end up there for my fluids when nothing is on sale anywhere else. Supertech/tech 2000 synthetic oil is a good bargain too.
i agree ,,,i hate the place ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but i go cause of some good deals ,,,thanks