California Catalytic Converter Laws - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 04-06-2009, 08:10 PM   #11
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRW View Post
This worries me since I had to replace the cat on my car a few years ago. I got it online. There were no serial numbers or paperwork. I hope I dont get hassled at my next smog check.
I don't think you will. First, the smog check stations are just checking to see if the cat is there, it's the repair shops that have to ensure the new ones they replaced have date codes after Jan 01. It's when you have to replace the one you just got that you will not be able to buy one online.

mrmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:58 AM   #12
Registered Member

florida's governor has been rumored to push for bringing back safety inspections while adding a california-type smog test to it.

safety inspections might be a good idea. get the bozos that have car fires, wheels falling off, and such, off the road.

bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 04:22 AM   #13
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Safety inspections don't help prevent fires and wheels falling off. They help prevent people from driving on worn tires, on worn brakes, with a cracked windshield, or with dead brake lights.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:34 AM   #14
Registered Member

Why are they mandating the means, and not the end? Who cares what's in there, as long as it is clean?
palemelanesian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:10 AM   #15
Registered Member

Because they have too much time on their hands? It's not like there are any REAL problems to work on, are there???

F150:
New EPA12/14/17

theclencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:17 AM   #16
Registered Member

You should see one of the latest idiotic things the CA ARB is considering . . . banning black cars. Due to all the heat dark colored cars absorb in the sun, black cars are a "major" source of global warming, didn't you know? Actually they claim they are not banning black cars, they just want new paint formulas by 2015 that won't absorb as much heat. Think of how much this will add to the cost of cars? And last time I flew over LA I remember most of the ground being covered in asphalt which I'm sure causes far more "global warming" then black cars.

Maybe they'll give me a green credit since the Rex-O-Saurus is white?
mrmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:54 PM   #17
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
Safety inspections don't help prevent fires and wheels falling off. They help prevent people from driving on worn tires, on worn brakes, with a cracked windshield, or with dead brake lights.
i was very young when safety inspections were required in florida. i thought there was a visual inspection of fluid leaks and front suspension/steering components.

bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote